Oh More Salmon

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 13, 2009, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is some of the salmon drying. The brine was so dang cold i could hardly take the salmon out of it. My fridge in the garage gets real cold.

I have 3 more large bowls full i need to do yet.

Yeah Carolyn i guess all the times i feed everyone it pays off  ;D

I am trying to rig up some coconuts to a couple of palm trees for my brother in laws B-Day on sat. (coconut in background of pic)

freepas  :D

So There  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Ya would think with all the smoking i do i would have stock in Bradley pucks...............But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No Maple, no apple, no cherry, no alder. Just Hickory, oak and messy wood  ;D

SO

I have to improvise again with Alder pellets.

Got 3 racks in the bighouse too  ;D

Alder pellets

I have 4 more large bowls with salmon to do tomorrow.

nepas

KyNola

Hey Rick,
I think you should give salmon jerky a try.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Ok maybe i just need more practice with fish. I mean it looks darker than others i have seen, it taste good, my neighbor loves it. And whats the best way to store this in the fridge if i dont vac seal it? I did this kummoks way, maybe i need to turn the heat down to 165* to finish instead of the 175*

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Send a few pieces to me so that I can give it a taste test! Looks great there Nepas.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

Hey RossP,  that sounds like an idea. Although I am not much of a fisherman. I was just at a tackle store on my way home to pick up the hunting and fishing regs. It turns out where I work has some of the best fishing around, except you can only keep hatchery coho's. Aside from the trout and dollys that is.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Rick,
That salmon looks great. Ain't nothing wrong with it.  If you're not going to vac seal but rather hold it in the frig for snacking, I let it cool on the racks and then just toss it in an air tight container for easy 24 hour snacking access.  If you let it cool first it won't have a tendency to condensate inside the container.

Looks great. I can taste it from here.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 15, 2009, 06:34:47 PM
Rick,
That salmon looks great. Ain't nothing wrong with it.  If you're not going to vac seal but rather hold it in the frig for snacking, I let it cool on the racks and then just toss it in an air tight container for easy 24 hour snacking access.  If you let it cool first it won't have a tendency to condensate inside the container.

Looks great. I can taste it from here.

KyNola

I fully agree. Salmon usually does not last long enough in my house to vacuum seal it.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Got a full Bradley os salmon going again. More to follow.

nepas

RossP

Mmmm looks good. If it was not raining sooooo hard up here on
the Wet Coast of British Columbia I would be tempted to get
some more Salmon smoking. Keep them pictures coming Nepas,
we all need something to keep us going at work, and your pictures
inspire alot of us.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

NePaSmoKer

Thanks Ross

The temp outside is 43* so its taking longer to smoke the salmon, But its getting there.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Well here is some more salmon. I gotta tell ya this has been a learning experiance for me.

This is some of the Bradley salmon.

Here is the Lil'Tex salmon

I kept the temps to 170-175*. It looks burnt but i think its the brown sugar/teriyaki that got dark around the edges. The salmon taste good.

What will i do next time? Dont slice it so thin or just stick with critters that walk or slither  :D

nepas

Quarlow

Damn Nepas I would slap down some cash for that. It looks great. If I wasn't already eating some of mine I would go get some right away. Nothing to be droopin' the head on that job buddy.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

Thanks Quarlow.  I still have 4 make that 6 racks going. Its cold out so i had to bump the heat up.

nepas

RossP

Looks real good to me also Nepas. If it taste half as good as it looks you have another winner on your hands.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen