Cold Smoked my Ribeye Last Night - Grilled it Today

Started by sheltie, March 28, 2009, 04:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Ever since WTS made his cold smoked steaks and then grilled them, I have been meaning to do it. Now I know I have to.

I also agree with Caneyscud, pens, Hab and Ky on the vent issue.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

bluefrog

to properly cook a steak take it out of the frig, lay it on a platter, and walk slowly through a hot kitchen, done!

oakville smoker

Me too, me too ......
2 steaks sitting in the fridge defrosting now. They are going to get 40 mins in the DBS and then straight to the grill.
I have done this before and the results were amazing.
One time I will have to be patient enough to let them age over night in the fridge
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

meatgeek

Can't resist chiming in...  The sayings at our house are that a good steak might still have a pulse, and the vet should be able to save it.

Have done a biscuit or two of mesquite on mine, with just a very light sprinkle of ribrub on each side.  Ice in the pan, vent wide open, steaks on very top rack.  yum!

oakville smoker

Cooked mine last night and was not disappointed !
How could I be.
3 pucks of mesquite and then a quick trip to the fire that was more like a glancing blow.
The slab of beef did make a mooooooo sound when the knife sliced into it.

About 15 years ago I was on a business trip that took me to DelFrescos in Dallas
I ordered a 28oz rib eye with a cold centre.  It was delivered with a butter knife and a fork.
Maybe the best steak I have ever eaten in my life.
Thank god for the gold card...  that was one expensive piece of meat but I still talk about it today.
It was affectionately referred to as the colon buster for many  years following but I would do it again in heart beat
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?