The requested URL could not be retrieved

Requested URL:http://www.smokeandstuff.com/
  Error message: Connection Failed
  The system returned:
    (110) Connection timed out

Administrator: webmaster.

© 2009, Powered by SysCache v.1.1
What can I do to order the pucks.
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 31, 2009, 09:51:06 AM
JT I have been trying to go to Scott's place for days and keep getting this:

ERROR

The system returned:

HR, try sending Scott (Smokeitall) a PM. He will get back to you with the info.
HawkeyeSmokes

BigJohnT

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 31, 2009, 09:51:06 AM
JT I have been trying to go to Scott's place for days and keep getting this:

ERROR

The system returned:

You should be able to get on the web site now. I was messing with some php stuff and didn't realize that I had uploaded a file that made all the files locked... I just checked again and it is on line fine. For now use the quote form or pm Scott and he will send you a PayPal quote that you can pay from. SquirtTheCat is helping me sort out the shipping part. It's been a long day I started at 2:30 AM this morning and drove 160 miles to install a machine. It's 11 PM and I just got home... As soon as my Canadian Bacon is done soaking and placed in the fridge I'm off to bed.

JT

Toker

Sorry where do you take your rails? Could Bradley sell a couple to me can i buy any some where? I'M interested to upgrade my 4 racks into 12 so if you know where to get the rails let me know pls. THX

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: toker on November 27, 2009, 04:00:57 AM
Sorry where do you take your rails? Could Bradley sell a couple to me can i buy any some where? I'M interested to upgrade my 4 racks into 12 so if you know where to get the rails let me know pls. THX

Just click on Scott's Place. They have the kit's for sale there.
HawkeyeSmokes

Toker

Thx for the link can i pay with paypal and do they ship Canada? If so, I'm in :P

HawkeyeSmokes

Scott does take Paypal, for shipping send him a message. He's gone hunting right now through the end of the week but he will get back to you. I just installed a kit in my Bradley, easy to install and fits great. Plan to use it later today on a batch of jerky and will post the results.
HawkeyeSmokes

Toker

Hope he'll accept to ship here in Canada. I'M ready to pay for the extra shipping cost. And is the complete circulation fan kit ready to be ship? I see the coming soon but i also see the number on get a quote if so I'm very interested as long  as its complete with the bar behind the tower, the collar around the blades inside the tower and the electric box for the back of the fan.

Mr Walleye

Toker

They definitely ship to Canada because I did get some stuffer tubes from them. As far as the complete fan goes you will have to wait to here from them as far as availability and what comes with it. I do suspect though that the fan is complete except for the shield (or collar as you refered to it). If it doesn't come with the shield it is really very simple to make. Here is a link to the one I made.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6843.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Toker

Glad to hear they ship to Canada and glad to meet you MR.WALLEYE. From what i read you are some kind of mod expert? Great you will be able to answer it; i want to add an extra heat element for the heat recovery of course controlled by pid but, would it affect the fan accuracy like i seen on recipe site? What does it change? Would be a perfect set up along with this rack mod. Anyway back to this mod, i seen that the 2ND rack of each series doesn't seems to be inverted is it true or is it my eyes? May not be ideal for thicker load like bacon or brisket? ??? What is the difference?

Mr Walleye

Toker

Definitely not an expert but I do love to play with the mods.  ;)

You can do the additional heat element mod which will not interfere with the circulation fan mod. I currently run both myself. It is definitely a "must" to control it with a PID with the 2nd heater mod because it is capable of gaining heat rapidly.

As far as the rack mod goes your eyes are not deceiving you. Each rack is up-right (not inverted). The advantage to them being this way is you don't have to "juggle" racks like you do when using the inverted method. As far as doing brisket or butts when you have done this mod you just use the appropriate rack height to allow the correct spacing. Basically, this rack mod gives you more options for placement of the racks in the smoker in addition to having the ability to have a larger capacity for things like jerky, nuts or spices.

Mike

BigJohnT

Scott got back Sunday night late and is playing catch up on e-mails and stuff. I talked to him yesterday and he said he only had 250 more emails to read and he is caught up  :o

Mr, Walleye,

I noticed you put the thermocouple for your PID completely inside the smoker. How does that work for you?
I just drilled a hole in the back and stick it through... I don't leave the PLC outside with the smoker so I need to roll up all the cords and probes after a smoke.

John

Mr Walleye

Hi John

Overall it works very well. I have it mounted midway in the tower so sometimes a large chunk of meat on the lowest rack will influence the temps slightly but because I know this I will compensate for that. I usually don't use the bottom rack unless I have to anyway. I have the TC wire running through the vent. Here is a link to the simple bracket I made to hold the TC about an inch off the rear wall. (it's several pictures down in the post)

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6843.0

Mike

BigJohnT

I have been real busy with the holidays and a new CNC lathe here in the shop so not much time to cruse the net...

I've found that leaving a gap in the middle of the racks about 2" speeds in the drying of the jerky. When I completely filled all 12 racks the center took a longer time to dry out. Leaving a gap when the smoke stopped the steam coming out looked like smoke. It shortened the time by a couple of hours for sure.

On the subject of eye of round I have found that fresh from the shop, clean the fat off and cut in half the par freeze then slice on the slicer works better than thawing a frozen piece and trying to slice it.

Just thought I would share my experience on this...

John