Tempature slow recovery

Started by Rainmaker, October 15, 2009, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I think I am going to pull the fornt of my OBS and put the meter on the slide cntrol to see if it does cut off. Of course soon as the funds become availible ( when the wife says OK and stop nagging me jerk) I will be adding a PID.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Quote from: JimV on October 16, 2009, 12:54:35 PM
Had ribs for lunch today and they are just as good reheated as they were last night.

Sometimes there better.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on October 16, 2009, 01:05:39 PM
I think I am going to pull the fornt of my OBS and put the meter on the slide cntrol to see if it does cut off.

There's a much simpler method.  Put the slider all the way to the right.  Wait 10 minutes.  Open the door and put your finger on the heating element.  A little Carolina Treet on your finger wouldn't hurt any.  ;D  If it sizzles, you're good to go!

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

Or I could put the slider all the way to the right. Wait 10 minutes. Open the door and put my finger on the heating element. And if my finger sizzles I will put some Carolina Treet on it to numb the pain. Huh Glad I thought of it. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Holy Crap it is contagious. CT is infecting other threads.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

BigJohnT

You can also get CT here from a fellow forum member.

JT

ArnieM

HR, my cat likes it.  I'll bet Zelda could lap up a bowl.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: BigJohnT on October 16, 2009, 04:51:06 PM
You can also get CT here from a fellow forum member.

JT

Thanks JT I will be making arangements shortly.
Quote from: ArnieM on October 16, 2009, 04:51:36 PM
HR, my cat likes it.  I'll bet Zelda could lap up a bowl.
I bet she would. Every time shesees me smoking she comes near the Bradley and sits by loke almost guarding it for me. She gets a hefty share and is a happy camper.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

West Coast Kansan

Just a couple of thoughts... using one of those tin foil pans (about same size as the space in bottom of the smoker) about 3/4 full of hot water helps reduce the preheat time (as opposed to bricks etc) and will give up its heat more readily than a solid mass like a brick there by improving recovery time.

Old theory indicates the moisture (vapor) from the water will also more effectively transfer heat to your meat as well.

Old theory also indicates and after much experimenting I believe it that - slabs of ribs all cook differently and that using IT on slabs results in a huge variation due to the difference in thickness / fat content etc end to end.

Finally got the discipline to let them cook until at least a 1/4 inch of bone was exposed AND the bone would break loose with a reasonable amount of twisting rotation.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)