The price of FAME

Started by Hopefull Romantic, October 15, 2009, 04:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Well some one spelled the beans about the smoked pork I made two weeks ago, so now I was "demanded" by six big guys to make some more and immediatly. But some eat pork and some do not so we decided on pork and lamb. So we went to buy the pork and I thought I bought three to be surprised that they were 5 BBRs instead and we bought 3 racks of lamb. So here they are:

Two racks of lamb with Jan's rub. (Thanks Jan and KN)

One rack of lamb with Jim's rub. (thanks Raye). This one is staying home. See the STAG party is at a friends house.

One BBR in Jan's Rub.

Four BBRs in Jim's

They shall all be cooked according to 10.5's instruction. Will be posting results.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 15, 2009, 04:03:05 AM
so now I was "demanded" by six big guys

"Work hard, and they just give you more work..."

:D

Hopefull Romantic

That is the way all over the world Squirt.

HR

squirtthecat

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 15, 2009, 04:03:05 AM

Four BBRs in Jim's

Don't look now, but there is a large critter on your couch 'pretending' to be asleep..  Just waiting for you the leave the room for 2 minutes...

Caribou

HR!
Looks like your friends are going to have some yummy ribs in their future!
I love your pic with your dog sleeping on the couch and your computer logged into the forum!  :D
Squirt is right, don't leave the room, puppy might help himself!
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

hey Carolyn and Squirt,

I did not even notice that Zelda was in the picture. I did keep a close eye on her as she could be devious. That is our 10 months old doberman and the computer logged on the forum was purely coincidental.

HR

muzzletim

Ahhh the hardships of fame!!! ;D ;D  Everything looks great HR!
Tim

classicrockgriller

If 6 big Jordians told me to cook, I'd do it too. Looks good HR (Mr Bradley of Jordan)

Hopefull Romantic

They just went into the oven for a couple over hours along with AJ. I could not fit them all in my Bradley.

HR

Caneyscud

That looks like a carload or ribs exploded in your kitchen.  Those lamb ribs look like they will be mighty tasty.  I haven't been able to find any for years and I'm sure missing them.  Saw some in a meat market in Texas a couple of weeks ago.  Should have shipped me some!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caribou

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 15, 2009, 06:44:32 AM
hey Carolyn and Squirt,

I did not even notice that Zelda was in the picture. I did keep a close eye on her as she could be devious. That is our 10 months old doberman and the computer logged on the forum was purely coincidental.

HR
HR,
Tell Zelda I'm sorry for calling her a "him"  :D
Long ago I cooked a beautiful pork butt and my great dane Oobie pulled the whole thing off the counter when I went to answer the door.
He finished it right when I came back to the kitchen.  :'(
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Its lonely at the top HR  ;D

Great looking food there.

nepas

Hopefull Romantic

It sure is Nepas but since I am in Jordan, it is boring because I have no competition like you guys do.

HR

Ka Honu

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 15, 2009, 03:37:12 PM... since I am in Jordan, it is boring because I have no competition like you guys do.

HR - Have you noticed yet that we only compete with photos (and you are pretty high on the winner's list).  Maybe we should get everyone together for an "International Smoke-Off"  around this time next year.  We can't meet halfway between Jordan and Hawaii (we'd get pretty wet) but we could always agree on somewhere near the east coast and lie about it being the midpoint.  We could ask Begolf to host - Yard & Pool has plenty of toys tools to use; all we'd have to bring is meat and appetites (and, oh yeah, cameras).

ArnieM

Hey KH, that sounds good to me!
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.