M Wings

Started by JoeHifi, October 18, 2009, 06:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHifi

Did wings today. Inspired by someone on this board. (Don't remember who.)

No pics today. Maybe next time.

Marinated in Italian dressing over night.

Smoked the chicken wings with 40 minutes of mesquite @ 250F. Then 250F 'till IT of 160F. To me the mesquite smoke stinks to high heaven. However, the chicken tasted fantastic (skin and meat). I will definitely do them again.

The skin color was kind of light but until I get a Big Easy, that's how they're going to be.

In fact, the next Beer Can Chicken I do will be marinated in Italian dressing and smoked with mesquite.

monty

hey Joe did you finish them in the Bradley, or throw them on a grill after smoking? i've been meaning to do some wings - haven't done them before. i like marinating my chicken in Italian dressing too, works well.
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

JoeHifi

Monty,

Finished in Bradley.

Hopefull Romantic

Joe how did the skin come out? Usually they are rubbery when finished in the Bradley

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

JoeHifi

HR,

Didn't seem rubbery.

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Joe Next time I am going up to 250 thoughout.

HR

BigJohnT

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 18, 2009, 11:31:49 PM
Joe how did the skin come out? Usually they are rubbery when finished in the Bradley

HR

HR,

You have to leave them in longer to get a crispy skin. 3 - 4 hours for a medium load of wings. I don't put them on the grill anymore just leave them in the Bradley until done.

John

ArnieM

I've done chicken twice. 

The first was split breasts, finished in the OBS.  No complaints on the skin.  I was probably running around 240 for a while.

The second was a butterflied whole chicken.  I did finish that one on the grill with sauce for me and the chicken.  It came out well.

I also did a whole turkey breast in the OBS all the way.  No complaints on the skin on that one either.

Maybe if I do a few more I can get the skin to come out rubbery  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Arnie and John. I am planning that for tomorrow and will report.

Quote from: ArnieM on October 19, 2009, 09:19:58 AM

Maybe if I do a few more I can get the skin to come out rubbery  ;D

Nice one Arnie :D

HR