Carolina Treet and Chicken Wings?

Started by ArnieM, October 16, 2009, 08:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Quote from: ArnieM on October 16, 2009, 11:15:35 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 16, 2009, 09:23:04 PM
Arnie, I use this when I grill wings, that way you don't have to keep flippin the damn things

Just flip the whole basket. Spray with Pam first.
I try to avoid Pam.  A little oil of your choice in a dish, crumple up a paper towel into it, remove it and coat the racks, grill, whatever.  Less expensive and I KNOW what oil I'm using.

Thanks CRG.  I have something like that for my grill when doing small stuff like shrimp or chipmunks.  I'm going to be doing 8 pounds of wings in the oven.  My son-in-law is bringing some Buffalo sauce from, yep, the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

I think I'm going to marinate half the wings in CT, the other half plain.  I'll take some pics and see how things come out.  Stay tuned.

Chipmunks eh,,, OK not going to go there just now.  Chipmunks,,,

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

classicrockgriller

THE sauce.
6 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cp margarine
Tbl white vinegar
pinch or two of garlic salt
a pinch of celery seed
Black pepper cple shakes
2 globs of worchestire sauce
Cayene pepper and Tobasco to taste

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 17, 2009, 12:19:02 AM
THE sauce.
6 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cp margarine
Butter
Tbl white vinegar
pinch or two of garlic salt
a pinch of celery seed
I'll have to use parlic powder and celery salt.
Black pepper cple shakes
2 globs of worchestire sauce
Cayene pepper and Tobasco to taste

Thanks for the sauce recipe CRG.  I'll give that a try tomorrow.

I usually deep fry 'em naked or put a sprinkle of cayenne or chipotle prior to frying.  My fryer is pretty decent; holds a gallon of oil.  But, I have to get through 8 pounds worth of wings tomorrow so I'll probably use the oven.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 17, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
not butter.......margarine

But every thing is better with butter CRG. What would your good friend Paula think?  :D

HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 17, 2009, 12:01:01 PM

But every thing is better with butter CRG. What would your good friend Paula think?  :D

I don't but margarine.  Maybe that's the secret ingredient?  My wife uses "Smart Balance".  She says its good for cholesterol.  So, she puts about an ice cream scoop worth on her green beans.  I dunno ...
-- Arnie

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: ArnieM on October 17, 2009, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 17, 2009, 12:01:01 PM

I don't but margarine.  Maybe that's the secret ingredient?  My wife uses "Smart Balance".  She says its good for cholesterol.  So, she puts about an ice cream scoop worth on her green beans.  I dunno ...

Myself when doing wings, just deep fry naked, then sauce using Franks Ret Hot cut with butter. The more butter, the less heat. I prefer the heat so really don't use a lot of butter.
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

I like Franks, and Louisiana Hot sauce has a hot wing sauce now. It's pretty good too.

Actually I have never met a wing I didn't like.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 17, 2009, 12:50:05 PM

Actually I have never met a wing I didn't like.

I have. Because of work I eat at restaurants a lot. It's hard to believe how many make terrible Buffalo wings.
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

HawkeyeSmokes

That won't work because their sauce and ranch dressings sucks to.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

pensrock

QuoteMyself when doing wings, just deep fry naked, then sauce using Franks Ret Hot cut with butter. The more butter, the less heat. I prefer the heat so really don't use a lot of butter.

Exactly how I do it, if I want them warmer I add some cayenne pepper to the sauce.

ArnieM

That's one of the reasons I do a lot of cooking at home.  The restaurant fare isn't always very good, though expensive.  At least I know what I'm cooking when doing it at home and it's usually pretty good.  Now, if I can get Honey to clean out the sink - that's one restaurant advantage, no cleanup.
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Our going "out" has dropped to almost nothing since the Bradley. I enjoy smoking/cooking and rest of the family likes what I cook.

Most of the time someone help with dishes and I also try to wash as I go so it not a lot at the end.