Prim Rib Roast/Arnie?

Started by LindaCC, October 16, 2009, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Someone helped me and they still do.

West Coast Kansan

another approach to try some time is to season as you are and then smoke the rib roast or any large solid roast at a low temp for an hour or hour and a half.

Then tightly wrap it all in plastic wrap and overnight it in the fridge for a finish cook the next day.

The overnight lets the smoke flavor mellow but importantly seems to move through out the roast - nice even smoke flavor.   Good stuff

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

LindaCC

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!

The whole family was so blown away by this roast. We are seriously prime rib connoisseurs as I was raised raising our own beef and knowing really great meats. I was not sure if this would ever replace my roasted in the oven Prime Rib, because my family has always loved it so.....The flavor of this was amazing!!! I was told over and over again....This is the best ever. NOT ONE PIECE LEFT!!!!

Roast was started about 1:45/ done by 4:45
Let it rest 1hr w/foil tent to keep the great outside.
It was perfect.
While resting put in veggies w/ 1puck pecan for 1hr..... Perfect.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
R. Peppers/Onions/Zucchini/Eggplant with OOil and seasoning.
Rice on the side.

Thank you again to all of you for a wonderful successful dinner. Not to mention all the fun.

West Coast Kansan

Oh my,,, that looks great!  :o

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Linda,
I hope the Food Network folks don't log in here and see your dish.  They would be embarased that you have out classed them.  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Geez, I'm blown away. Linda, I salute you.

No wonder there is no left overs, it is awesome.

You learn quick and you learn well.

BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Great Job Linda. ou made yourself proud.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

deb415611

Wow, awesome job!     

Between you & Arnie & Pens I know have to order some type of beef roast for next weekend.  I just started ordering food from a delivery service that buys from local farms.  The meat is incredible and a smoked beef roast should be over the top. 

Tenpoint5

Well done LINDA, That looks awesome!!

Note for the rest of us. SHE's making food this good out of the box and posting pictures of the plating that look that good. She's in the Iron Chef better watch her.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Linda,
That is incredible.  Are you sure you've not had a Bradley before?  This is only your second smoke and already you are a pro.  Most impressive.  I concur with 10.5.  We're in trouble here with you around but you're absolutely the best trouble to have! :D

Congratulations on an incredible meal and just as impressive presentation.  You obviously are an accomplished cook/chef with lots of experience.  Will look forward to your next smoke.

KyNola

ArnieM

Congrats Linda.  It surely does look good.  I got the same comments on mine - the best roast beef ever.  And, mine was $1.99/lb so I wouldn't expect it to be any where near rib roast quality.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

Not fair, not fair, someone take her newbie status away - she's cheating!

Oh, um, I mean congratulations on a wonderful looking dish!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KevinG on October 18, 2009, 08:05:12 AM
Not fair, not fair, someone take her newbie status away - she's cheating!

Oh, um, I mean congratulations on a wonderful looking dish!

ROFLMAO  ;D ;D ;D
Great one Kevin
HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.