Spatchcocked Turkey breast

Started by pensrock, October 17, 2009, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Pens, I am right behind you.  With my travel schedule this will give me something to smoke and my wife who IS a turkey eater, something for lunch that wont get thrown away.  Real good post  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

ArnieM

Nice looking job pens.  I may try that this weekend.  Good practice for Thanksgiving.  One store around here has the "Hotel style" breast on sale for .99/lb this week.  That's no wings or innards.

Gee, you should have made a video  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Nice looking turkey pens and the serving is perfect, I thought I was the only one who likes peas.

ArnieM

OU I love peas.  Especially frozen ones with the little white pearl onions.
-- Arnie

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on October 19, 2009, 10:28:19 AM
OU I love peas.  Especially frozen ones with the little white pearl onions.

The frozen ones are the best, the ones in the can are kinda mushie to me.

LindaCC

This turkey looks amazing. I am cooking one tomorrow. Brinning right now.
So glad I saw this. I may try my hand at the Spatchcock. Or maybe get hubby
to manhandle that bird for me.

pensrock

OU & Arnie, I love most veggies. Peas out of the garden are great! But frozen are really good also.

Linda, This bird was not brined but the process will be the same either way. This was very moist even without the brine. I though spatchcocking a turkey would be difficult, really it was not that hard at all. I did use my knife to trim the meat along the breast bone cause it wanted to stay stuck to the bone.

ArnieM

Linda, you were warned!  This is a sickness.  One of the only cures is to send me your Bradley and then eat boiled food for at least six months  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

renvette

Hey,

What are those silver "pucks" I see in the picture?

KevinG

That's the new aluminum flavored Bisquettes. A little tinny tasting, but works well. ??? Just kidding, they're called bubba pucks or the new JT pucks. They're used so you don't have to put good bisquettes at the end of your run.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

pensrock

Quote from: renvette on November 12, 2009, 01:28:49 PM
Hey,

What are those silver "pucks" I see in the picture?

Kevin got ya covered. These are only used to push the last puck off the burner when its done smoking. You do not need to use them, I did not for about a year, but the last puck will partially burn some. you can rotate it for the next smoke and reuse it but then its scrap. So all the aluminum pucks do is save a wooden puck here and there.