Digital smoker not heating

Started by jfilkins, January 23, 2010, 06:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfilkins

I set the oven temp at 210 and it's not even warm. So, I turned on the smoke generator and it said meat temp was 79. What could I be doing wrong or could I have a bad unit? I received it for Christmas and used it several times with no problems but the last 2 times I've had problems with the heat. Thanks!

RAF128

I had exactly the same problem a few months back when I bought my new 6 rack BDS.    Open the smoke generator and you'll likely find one wire not attached.   In mine the wire was routed the wrong way and wasn't long enough.   I was a little nervous taking mine appart but it's not big deal, trust me.   Turn it upside down and remove the screws from the bottom.   Just go slow and pay attention to where everything goes.

KyNola

Before you open the generator, check the connection of the cables that go from the generator to the tower, specifically the power cable that goes from the generator to the tower.  Make sure you are getting a good connection there as it sounds as though you are not getting power to the tower.  Push those cable ends real hard as they sometimes don't make a solid connection if you don't.

KyNola

FLBentRider

If you take the Smoke generator apart, only take out the screws around the perimeter of the bottom, not the ones in the center.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

basujanm2310

Check the connection of the cables that go from the generator to the tower and then open the generator..

Specifically the power cable that goes from the generator to the tower.  

Make sure you are getting a good connection there as it sounds as though you are not getting power to the tower.  Push those cable ends real hard as they sometimes don't make a solid connection if you don't.

lumpy

If all else fails, call Bradley and they will walk you through this.

Did your unit heat up to temp for the seasoning of the inside?

Lumpy

KyNola

basujanm2310,
Couldn't help but notice that your very first post on this forum is an exact copy of my reply that is posted just 2 above yours.

What is up with that?

Heads up everybody. 

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on January 26, 2010, 06:21:08 AM
basujanm2310,
Couldn't help but notice that your very first post on this forum is an exact copy of my reply that is posted just 2 above yours.

What is up with that?

Heads up everybody. 

It smelled a little funny to me too.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 26, 2010, 06:27:17 AM
Quote from: KyNola on January 26, 2010, 06:21:08 AM
basujanm2310,

What is up with that?

Heads up everybody. 

It smelled a little funny to me too.

Guys I do see that Brian has edited that post
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Brian is monitoring.  I reported it earlier just for future reference.

Quarlow

He had 3 posts on here yesterday and I reported them. The link was for car rack n pinions so I knew it was spam.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

lumpy

Too bad we can't send him some nasty spam back

classicrockgriller

Quote from: lumpy on January 26, 2010, 08:29:02 AM
Too bad we can't send him some nasty spam back

Some Spam smoked with mesquite! ;D

KevinG

You trying to get him to like it?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG