pucks are not moving forward every 20 min.

Started by parker1, October 17, 2009, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parker1

Hello everybody. I am doing a prime rib today and for some reasons the pucks are not moving forward every 20 min. I have unplugged it to reset and there was no change.  It has been working fine since I purchased it until now.  Any ideas.

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum Parker1. I haven't have a peoblem with mine but you could check the FAQ's on the recipe site.

Here's a couple of links to it.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=775&postcount=18
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Have you check out these trouble shooting tips?

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

classicrockgriller

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Parker

It may be time to give your generator a good cleaning inside.
Here are a couple of links to help you with this.

Start with this to clean your generator
Cleaning the Generator
And you will want to pay close attention to the micro switch as this shows
Clean this micro switch

If these do not help give me a call at the office

Brian

watchdog56

What I have noticed on mine is that an e1 comes up but if I wiggle the cord between the puck generator and smoker it stop so I am thinking there is not a real good connection in my cord. It does not happen every time but almost every other time. I go out there and the is a burnt puck on the burner and a beeping sound.
It usually cycles 2 or 3 pucks then it starts. It happens about every other or third smoke. It just happened to me this AM. Like I said I need to wiggle cord and then it is good for a while.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Watchdog

Give the Office a call and they can send you out a new sensor plug that should stop your E1 error

Brian

standles

I had inconsistent feeding in mine that initially I attributed to it not advancing.  It turns out the puck chute was to far down in the unit and dragging on the pucks.   I lifted it about 1/2" and hav not had any other problems.

On a similar note..   About half way through a session I noticed it was not burning the pucks.  Closer inspection showed that the water was touching the underside of the puck burner and all the nergy was going into boiling the water.  Clearing the bowl and lowering the water level fixed that.

Steven

watchdog56

watchdog56

Got my replacement part today. Will not be able to smoke until next weekend. Thanks for the great service
Brian your crew have a great attitude.

Quarlow

This is going to sound like a "State Farm" commercial but your in good hands once Brian gets on it. Good job Brian, I wish their was more companys around like yours. Bravo to you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: watchdog56 on October 22, 2009, 06:58:29 PM
Got my replacement part today. Will not be able to smoke until next weekend. Thanks for the great service

Your Welcome and Thanks for the compliment I will pass that along to them

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on October 22, 2009, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: watchdog56 on October 22, 2009, 06:58:29 PM

Your Welcome and Thanks for the compliment I will pass that along to them

Once again Brian and co stand up to the plate and as always knock it out of the Park.

(I'm thinking of going up there and stealing some of his employees)

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum Parker1.

Please let us know how things worked out for you and hope that the feeder is working properly now.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

watchdog56

Brian, I did smoking again this weekend and both times I noticed after the third cycle of pucks they do not push the puck forward. I replaced the wire that you had sent to me but it looks like it does the same thing. I clean the generator after every smoke along with the racks and drip pan. Any other ideas what could be causing the problem?