pucks are not moving forward every 20 min.

Started by parker1, October 17, 2009, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

Is your unit out of level, I know I had mine on an awkward incline and it caused some problems.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

watchdog56

Flat on my work bench, Also had it happen on our deck.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: watchdog56 on November 01, 2009, 10:39:32 AM
Brian, I did smoking again this weekend and both times I noticed after the third cycle of pucks they do not push the puck forward. I replaced the wire that you had sent to me but it looks like it does the same thing. I clean the generator after every smoke along with the racks and drip pan. Any other ideas what could be causing the problem?

Hi Watchdog

Are you still getting the E-1 Error?

Or is the generator showing a E only on the display?

Brian

watchdog56

That is the funny part I get no E message. I just move the burnt puck out of the way and then keep an eye on it the rest of the time. Usually it works ok after that unless on a real long smoke say 3 or more hours then it might happen 1 more time.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Watchdog

This could be caused by a miss feed of the bisquettes or a sticking micro switch.
Make sure your feeder tube is pushed down all the way to the bottom.
Have you opened the generator up and given the inside a good cleaning?

watchdog56

Yes I just checked that when I was in there replacing the wire you sent. I will double check the feeder tube next time I smoke. I might not be until Thanksgiving now because deer hunting is here.

Canuck

I am having a similar problem. Replaced the motor as was sugggest by customer service which was excellent BTW and have cleaned it many times.

I did notice though that the drive motor will sometimes switch directions in the middle of use.  Watched it running last night for a couple of hours (had it open) and once in a while the motor would just switch directions.  It would generally reverse itself the next time it moved a puck forward.  Could this be a problem with the micro switch, which I thought I had ordered as well but wasn't sent (wasn't billed for it either) so alls good.

Which way should the motor be moving the arm when viewed from on top - clockwise or counter clockwise.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Canuck

I had tried this fix but it seems that my unit will change direction almost everytime I have it running for no apparent reason.  Starts off fine and after advancing a few bisquits changes direction.

Habanero Smoker

Brian should be along. It's been awhile since I've had this problem, but I believe the only function of the micro switch is to turn to motor off once it is depress. If it also has anything to do with the timing cycle, then it could be causing the problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)