IRON CHEF BRADLEY IV Ingredient and Smack talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, October 17, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

AS A REMINDER FOR EVERYONE

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The Ingredients:

The Meat is: Chicken Thighs

The Others are: Onion (Your Choice of color) and Pear (s)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

It is time to get your game on The turn in thread will open on Friday Oct 30 close on Monday 2 Nov. Winner announced on 6 Nov after the voting. The Turn in thread has been locked and will be unlocked on Friday the 30th of Oct

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

FREAKIN PEARS???? Uh...ok... 10.5..... PEARS???????? I mean I have an idea....but...PEARS????? Ya got them growin in the yard or what??  ;D  :D

deb415611

Hey LQ  -   At least Pears are better than tater tots.  It's amazing he didn't pick spam :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on October 18, 2009, 12:21:07 AM
FREAKIN PEARS???? Uh...ok... 10.5..... PEARS???????? I mean I have an idea....but...PEARS????? Ya got them growin in the yard or what??  ;D  :D

Come on you old TEABAG get your game on!! I had an Idea As soon as I drew the last item.

Deb I wish I would have drawn SPAM I like that better than chicken!! But this is CHICKEN THIGHS So I might just get into this one full force.

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 18, 2009, 07:22:37 AM

Deb I wish I would have drawn SPAM I like that better than chicken!! But this is CHICKEN THIGHS So I might just get into this one full force.

This one's mine Spamboy

classicrockgriller

You notice that when you post something the first person to whine is a woman.

Then poor 10.5 trys to be nice and 2 more jump in. Geez

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 18, 2009, 08:06:51 AM

2 more jump in????

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tiny Tim

I'm a big dog, but I'm gonna stay on the porch and guard the puppies for this one.  Absolute worst ingredient in my opinion...onions.

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 18, 2009, 08:06:51 AM

Deb,
I can tell the boys are scared this time because it only took less than ten posts for them to start attacking the female competitors.  :D :D :D
Carolyn

JGW

Is it too late to enter?  I've got a few ideas. 

deb415611

Quote from: JGW on October 18, 2009, 04:47:31 PM
Is it too late to enter?  I've got a few ideas. 

JGW,

not too late, turn in isn't until October 30th

Deb

JGW

classicrockgriller