IRON CHEF BRADLEY IV Ingredient and Smack talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, October 17, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on October 31, 2009, 04:00:50 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 30, 2009, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on October 30, 2009, 08:56:14 PM
Go get 'em Deb!  A little motivation never hurt anyone.   ;D

I don't expect to win the ICB.  But, I like it because it got me to think about ingredients and combining them in ways that I probably would have never tried before.  I guess that's what it's all about.
That's exactly what is is about Arnie to get you to think outside the box and do something different that you would have never thought of doing otherwise.

Yeah, & 10.5 says he can THINK but lacks follow through.  A day or two ago he was giving CRG a hard time for saying he wasn't going to enter. 
Yeah because he was bailing because of the posts that he saw. I still don't like chicken!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 30, 2009, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on October 30, 2009, 08:56:14 PM
Go get 'em Deb!  A little motivation never hurt anyone.   ;D

I don't expect to win the ICB.  But, I like it because it got me to think about ingredients and combining them in ways that I probably would have never tried before.  I guess that's what it's all about.
That's exactly what is is about Arnie to get you to think outside the box and do something different that you would have never thought of doing otherwise.
Amen Arnie!
That's why it's so fun for someone like me that has a terrible time thinking outside the box. 
Carolyn

ArnieM

Gee, how did my comment get turned into large font, red?

Anyway, things aren't going well.  I put some cold smoke on some cranberries yesterday (Friday) and then upped the temp (140) to dehydrate them.  I left them in all night.  Rain was forecast for this afternoon.  Naturally, when I got up this morning it was raining.  I had a pretty wet OBS and cranberries that were rehydrating  >:(
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

deb415611

Quote from: ArnieM on October 31, 2009, 08:09:36 AM
Gee, how did my comment get turned into large font, red?

Anyway, things aren't going well.  I put some cold smoke on some cranberries yesterday (Friday) and then upped the temp (140) to dehydrate them.  I left them in all night.  Rain was forecast for this afternoon.  Naturally, when I got up this morning it was raining.  I had a pretty wet OBS and cranberries that were rehydrating  >:(

That stinks Arnie, I didn't think of that when I was bummed that I couldn't use my smoker this morning, your situation is worse.   What's with the rain, it wasn't supposed to happen till much later...

Tenpoint5

Arnie that would have been me I changed the font and color when I quoted you.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Quote from: deb415611 on October 31, 2009, 08:23:57 AM

That stinks Arnie, I didn't think of that when I was bummed that I couldn't use my smoker this morning, your situation is worse.   What's with the rain, it wasn't supposed to happen till much later...

Deb, yesterday "they" said rain late today and tomorrow.  Now it's rain today and nice tomorrow.  We're having company tomorrow so we planned lasagna in the oven.  Well, at least that will leave the OBS free to continue my ICB cooking.  :D
-- Arnie

ArnieM

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 31, 2009, 08:34:59 AM
Arnie that would have been me I changed the font and color when I quoted you.

No problem 10.5.  I just didn't think of it as an earth-shattering comment.  ;)
-- Arnie

JoeHifi

I can think of three things (dishes) I'd do.
And they'll all be good.
And I dearly like the smell of that cherry wood.

classicrockgriller

Joe, read the rules....(one bite and you have all three ingredients in your mouth)...then go for it.

classicrockgriller

Awesome job LindaCC, just another reason not to enter.......you guys are just too good.

KyNola

CRG,
You got that right.  Awesome job Linda!  I am so glad I didn't enter.  I like to avoid humiliation when I can.

KyNola

Caribou

LindaCC!
Great entry, sounds and looks delish!
CRG!
You've spent half this thread touting the male sex.
Now you are too scared to enter!
This is your big chance to prove male superiority!
Cook!  Then take pictures....of the food  :D
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Ka Honu

After seeing the initial entries, I'm glad I didn't enter.  Anything I might have come up with would have paled by comparison (whether I dropped it on the counter or not).  The biggest problem is going to be deciding who to vote for.  I'd use the "how much I drool when looking at the photos" test but my bucket is overflowing already.

JoeHifi

My attempt for today doesn't look nearly as pretty as any of the actual entries.