IRON CHEF BRADLEY IV Ingredient and Smack talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, October 17, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

It was a lot of fun and that's what we're here for.  All of your entries looked to-die-for.  You're not going to see this stuff on FoodNetwork.com unless they're spying on us. 

I like the one bite gets it all format.  Multiple courses with, maybe, chicken ice cream for desert - I dunno.

I agree the 'Chopped' format is better than the original Iron Chef.  You have three ingredients - make 'em work together.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Everyone has done an awesome job. It will be a hard decision for the judges. But the true winner once again is the forum.

Am sorta a nite owl and at any given time during the nite there are 5, 10, 15, 20 guest on site on the forum. They will benefit
too.

Great Eats! My applause and a tip of my camo hat to each one of ya'll.

Tenpoint5

Voting Is Now Open and you may cast your vote as to whom you believe is the winner.

As is the norm I will refrain from casting my vote until the very end. As my vote will be the deciding vote should there be a tie. The turn in thread will be locked until the end of the voting at that time we may congratulate the winner. But looking at the entrie everyone is a winner in my book!!!

Also in the very last post  I have grouped all of the final turn in pictures into one posting to make it easier to see them all side by side.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

WHOSE CUISINE WILL REIN SUPREME?

:D :D :D
Just had to say that!
Great entry's everybody  :)
And thanks to our nimble Chairman 10.5!
Carolyn

Pachanga

deb415611

I'm was just looking at the entries again and they are all awesome.

I have a puff pastry question -   do you think that you could do Carolyn's recipe and freeze before the baking with the puff pastry on the chicken?  If the puff pastry can be refrozen it would make an awesome do ahead freezer item.  If you have people coming over you could pop however many you needed out of the freezer and bake :)

Caribou

Hi Deb!
Now that I'm an expert in puff pastry (having used this one time  :D :D :D), I think you could do that. 
The pastry has to be fully defrosted, to work with it and make a tight seal around its contents.  I think refreezing it would not be a problem but I think you would want what ever you put in it fully cooked.  My chicken went from the smoker almost fully cooked (and warm) and was finished in the oven during the 20mins of cooking. 
Brushing the egg and water mixture could be done right before you bake them. I don't think they are pretty without it.
Carolyn

westexasmoker

Woo! Hoo! I just noticed I've got one vote, and I did'nt even vote for myself.  I'd make a very poor politican!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

ArnieM

Quote from: westexasmoker on November 04, 2009, 10:21:13 AM
Woo! Hoo! I just noticed I've got one vote, and I did'nt even vote for myself.  I'd make a very poor politican!  ;D

C

You're doing OK WTS.  We're both tied for last place.  If you vote for me, I'll send you a chicken.  If you can manage a second vote it's a pork butt.  One more time and it's a brisket.  Any more than that and I'll mail you a goat.  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

westexasmoker

Quote from: ArnieM on November 04, 2009, 10:38:24 AM
Quote from: westexasmoker on November 04, 2009, 10:21:13 AM

C

You're doing OK WTS.  We're both tied for last place.  If you vote for me, I'll send you a chicken.  If you can manage a second vote it's a pork butt.  One more time and it's a brisket.  Any more than that and I'll mail you a goat.  ;D ;D

But I promise Hope and Change.....or something like that!  I vote for the goat!  ::)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

classicrockgriller

Both of ya'lls recipes looked great. You both should be proud.

Vote! .... Billy the Goat for President!

Brad Stab

I can't tell you how impressed I am with the entries, and with only 3 ingredients! The creativity and execution of your dish/dishes is great. I am so happy I found this forum.

You all are winners!!
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

Slamdunk

Come on guys and girls - only 34 votes on the poll? Show your support for those superb smokers who took all the time, effort, imagination and lets not forget addiction!!!  ;D ;D to prepare such wonderful recipes for us to salivate about!!!

Good going all you participants!!!

monty

great job everyone! excellent write ups and photos, all around. i have cast my vote!  :)
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!