Hello from western washington

Started by jaredpost, October 21, 2009, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredpost

I guess I skipped the introductions last week and went straight into the asking questions forum. I live in the wet part of washington and BBQ and smoke food year round (very addicting). I've been using a chamber smoker for about a year now and came across a Bradley smoke engine and a commercial food warmer. So now I'm building myself a new smoker and going to give the Bradley system a try.

Are there any other smokers from the pacific northwest on here? I've seen a lot of people from the midwest and up into Canada so far. Everyone has been extremely helpful and courteous, I glad to find this forum and hope I can learn from all of you and contribute where I can.

thanks,
Jared

Quarlow

Hey Jared I think I already welcomed you but Welcome to the forum. I live to the north of you just across the border in Surrey B.C.
Good luck with your project. I ended up woth 2 smoke generators so I am on the search for an old food proofer. I got a scrape yard  here that deals with a lot of old stainless food equipment. Going to check there on friday to see what they have or to put my order in.
I will be ordering a PID to use on my OBS and will also use it on the proofer too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum jared.  Sorry, I'm on the east coast.  My cousin Q can probably help you out with anything you need though.  He seems to know than neck of the woods.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

La Quinta

Welcome Jared...like having "left" coasters with us!!!  ;D

RossP

Welcome neighbor I live just across the border in Langley, BC. Alot of good info here. I just took a batch of Salmon out of the brine to be smoked tommorow. I love living on the Wet Coast. Lots of Salmon fishing to go yet this year so the smoker will get a real good work out for the next month or so. Look forward to to seeing your new home built, remember you MUST post pictures of your smoker when you finish it and the building process, also the results of some of your smokes....

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

hope you post progress of building of your smoker and welcome aboard, good luck

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum jaredpost!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

JoeHifi

OU812

Welcome to the fun (again) Jared, keep us posted on the progress of your new smoker build.

I have a build thats going to be in limbo for a wile, to many things to little coin.

KevinG

Welcome aboard! I didn't even realize there was a dry section of Washington. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum and the nicest bunch of people in Cyberspace.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

muzzletim

Welcome!!!! :D

Great bunch of people, great advice!!! What can I say more?

Tim
Tim