Cart on Wheels

Started by BigRed, March 03, 2005, 12:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

For the Smoker who has everything. I found a new cart just introduced at SAM's. I have been looking for a cart with wheels that would not take up much room in the outside cooking area. It has a stainless steel top and a pullout draw plus a rack on the bottom. The greatest thing for me is the mobility of it with the wheels. The BS fits on it perfectly and the pull out draws can hold the guru and raptor and the maverick. I got a tupperware tight sealing container that fits in this rack draw. I can store all the cooking toys in it and keep them dry. I did the same thing for the rack on the bottom with a much bigger ben with a water tight lid. I keep all the different bisquettes in it. Works real slick!! If your looking for one!!

BigRED

gotbbq

BigRed-

How much is the cart?

gotbbq

nsxbill

Red,

I suggest you leave the bisquettes inside.  If your cart and smoker out on deck or porch under cover....the moisture in the air does have an impact on your bisquettes.  FYI.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

simmy

Do you know the dimensions of the cart by chance?

Steve

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gotbbq</i>
<br />BigRed-

How much is the cart?

gotbbq
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The cart was $69.00 at Sam's. It is the exact size of the BS. 24 by 20 or close to that. The reason I like it is that it has a stainless steel top. The other carts at Sam's required you build up the top with something so the BS door would open. A friend bought the less expensive one and cut the rail off to open the smoker door but I did not want to do that type of butchering. Bill  good point about moisture and humindity with the brisquettes outside. Hope I have answered all quesitons.

BigRED

Habanero Smoker

I was at Sam's the other day, and saw the cart you are talking about. Although the drawer is nice, I prefer the stainless steel cart with the wire basket shelves. The cart you are referring to does not have any handles; the other cart does which makes it easier to move around. Secondly, the other cart that has the basket shelves does not require you to raise the BS so you can open the door, or to do any cutting. Just put the deep shelf on the bottom and one of the other shelves on top; just make sure you adjust the height of the shelf so that it clears the wheels. Third, the other chart seems to roll easier. Fourth, it is cheaper [;)]

By the way, did Sam's have a gas smoker on display? Its stainless steel, as wide as a refrigerator, five foot tall, but it can only hold as about half of what the BS can. I think the price was about $600. What takes up the most space is that it is designed so you can put the 20# propane tank inside, just below the burner. If they had designed it so the tank was on the outside, that baby would hold a lot. It is also on casters and it has a handle so you can easily move it around. The vent was approximately a 4 inch non-adjustable opening. I did not have a chance to check it out more thoroughly. There were too many people looking at it, and I was in a hurry.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

I bought a $19 "work table" from Home Depot which is 30 x 24, just a little bit larger than the BS, which makes it very convenient because it folds up when not in use.  I am using this now in the winter on my back porch since I can easily move/store the BS and work table when it snows!

I also bought a Stanley storage unit from Home Depot for $99 that is 30 x 18 and has a drawer and cabinet in brushed aluminum.  I was planning to use this unit on the covered porch, but my wife mixed it.  I liked it because it would allow me to store pucks, the Mav, tongs, potholders, etc in the unit.  It rolls around on casters, so it's worth considering if you aren;t handy enough to build a similar unit yourself.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA