Pastrami tomorrow

Started by KyNola, October 24, 2009, 01:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Here are the results.  7 hours in the Traeger brought it to 155.  Out of the Traeger, double wrapped in foil.  In the microwave for 2 hours.  Out of the microwave, about an 1/8 cup of pastrami juice in the foil.  Quick slice to taste and pics.  OMG!!!!  Wrapped in plastic wrap and then wrapped in foil and into the frig for 1-2 days.  Will thin slice.

Here are the finished results. Sorry for the poor pic quality.  Shouldn't photo pastrami laying on the foil.

Very moist and beautifully pink.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

KN, looks great to me. This has been an interesting thread. Will be interesting to see after the fridge rest.

KyNola

Thanks new father in law.  Will post sliced up photos in a day or two. Hope all went well for your daughter and you today.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Other than the cost of living went wayup....it was a good day.

Home and broke.

KyNola

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

Nice pastrami KyNola.

Congrats CRG
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

Looking really good Kynola. The flash back does hamper picture quality!!! Speaking from experience
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Thanks everyone.  If all goes as planned I'll get the pastrami out of the frig, unwrap it and slice it thin this evening.  Will try to remeber to shoot pics of the sliced results.

Thanks to everyone who told me about soaking the brisket prior to rubbing and smoking.  Will definitely keep that in mind for next time.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 27, 2009, 10:25:58 AM
Thanks everyone.  If all goes as planned I'll get the pastrami out of the frig, unwrap it and slice it thin this evening.  Will try to remeber to shoot pics of the sliced results.

Thanks to everyone who told me about soaking the brisket prior to rubbing and smoking.  Will definitely keep that in mind for next time.

KyNola

And what do you mean exactly "Will try to remember to shoot pics".

Buddy, you are just gonna have to. :D

HR

KyNola

HR,
I know you're married so you know exactly what I'm talking about. :D

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: KyNola on October 27, 2009, 12:32:06 PM
HR,
I know you're married so you know exactly what I'm talking about. :D

KyNola

Do I ever  :'( :'( :'(

HR