My OBS is Cracked

Started by ArnieM, October 25, 2009, 09:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

If you just ordered the face plate, you will need to use the indicator light, and the temperature controller from the old face plate and install them on the new one. Wiring is as simple as unplugging and plugging.

The first photo in the following link shows the wiring (note the wiring).

Face Plate

The controller is attached with 4 screws, which you will need a small Phillips screw driver. Detaching the wires will make uninstalling and installing that part easier. Also don't forget to remove the knob before you detach the controller board. The pilot light is easily removed by unplugging the wires and pushing it out from back to front.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Old_Sarge

Good to know, 'cause I just went out and checked and my OBS has a crack running down from all of the faceplate screws, not just the one. Also, the plastic molding along the base of the door (probably just cosmetic) is cracked in a couple of spots, too. Dunno if this is due to a design flaw or if the UPS dude had a bad day when he delivered it 3 weeks ago. I hadn't checked for cracks until I read this post.

I haven't moved my OBS since I uncrated it and put it on its table, so this has nothing to do with manhandling the unit or anything. I'll give Bradley customer service a holler and try to get replacement parts in before my circuit boards drown in meat fat.

ArnieM

Thanks for reminding me Sarge.  The plastic on the bottom of my door is cracked too.  When I last spoke with Brian at Bradley, he was going to send me a new door.  But he said they were out of stock (hot item?) and it would take about 2 1/2 weeks before they got doors in.  That was in October.  Guess I'll have to give Brian another call.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Arnie

Quote from: ArnieM on December 19, 2009, 06:26:09 AM
Thanks for reminding me Sarge.  The plastic on the bottom of my door is cracked too.  When I last spoke with Brian at Bradley, he was going to send me a new door.  But he said they were out of stock (hot item?) and it would take about 2 1/2 weeks before they got doors in.  That was in October.  Guess I'll have to give Brian another call.

Hi Arnie the doors are in stock now please give us a call on Monday and they can arrange to send you a new door.

Thanks

Brian

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Old_Sarge

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on December 19, 2009, 06:54:15 AM
Hi Arnie

Quote from: ArnieM on December 19, 2009, 06:26:09 AM

Hi Arnie the doors are in stock now please give us a call on Monday and they can arrange to send you a new door.

Thanks

Brian

Brian,

I will be contacting you shortly as well concerning replacement of the faceplate. However, I don't need an entire new door nor am I interested in causing your company to incur the additional cost when all I need is the plastic molding that caps the bottom edge of the door. Is there any way you can simply ship the molding strip without replacing the otherwise perfectly good door?  If not, I'm not going to bother because the cracked molding in no way impedes the function of the smoker.

I am far too pleased with your product to unnecessarily cut into your profits by asking you to replace an item that is perfectly functional, just for cosmetic reasons.

ArnieM

Sarge,

Talk with Brian as you indicated.  Nice guy and always willing to help out. 

I don't know if the cracked plastic on the bottom of the door is "just cosmetic" or not.  If Brian wants to ship you a door, take the door.  It certainly can't hurt and he knows more about these things than you or I.

Bradley is a top notch company when it comes to customer service.  Listen to Brian.  :D
-- Arnie

Bradley (Head Office)

QuoteBrian,

I will be contacting you shortly as well concerning replacement of the faceplate. However, I don't need an entire new door nor am I interested in causing your company to incur the additional cost when all I need is the plastic molding that caps the bottom edge of the door. Is there any way you can simply ship the molding strip without replacing the otherwise perfectly good door?  If not, I'm not going to bother because the cracked molding in no way impedes the function of the smoker.

I am far too pleased with your product to unnecessarily cut into your profits by asking you to replace an item that is perfectly functional, just for cosmetic reasons.

Hi Sarge

Looking forward to the call.
We do not have just the bottom plastic moulding on the door it is glued on and would be a real pain in the arse to change anyway
It is not a problem we will send you a new door as well thats what the warranty is for.
Give me a call when you have time, if you cant get a hold of me one of our customer service reps will take care of you
I can some times be a little hard to get a hold of.

Brian