Smoking Some Cheese

Started by Tenpoint5, October 27, 2009, 11:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Since Momma was nice enough to bring home to me. I just gotta smoke it, temp outside is 54*, NO wind perfect day to smoke.
Here's every body waiting to get HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY at the Pecan Smoke party.
Rack #1

Rack #2

My Homemade COLD Smoke Adapter which is keeping everything right at 63* For $120 I can build a lot of these babies!!

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Nice looking cheese 10.5 what kinds are they.

I am on a business trip right now and I have brought the last batch I smoked in Jordan and it is already gone. The night before I left I smoked some more and they should have riped by the time I get back ther. Cant wait.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

HR they are as follows:
Rack #1
Hot pepper and Monterey Jack (MJ), Horseradish MJ, Salsa MJ, Garlic MJ and Mozzarella String Cheese

Rack #2
Provolone, Swiss, Munster, Mild Cheddar, Farmers and Mozzarella

Rack #3
Ice in a Tin Foil Boat!!! :D ;D ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2009, 11:36:44 AM
HR they are as follows:
Rack #1
Hot pepper and Monterey Jack (MJ), Horseradish MJ, Salsa MJ, Garlic MJ and Mozzarella String Cheese

Rack #2
Provolone, Swiss, Munster, Mild Cheddar, Farmers and Mozzarella

Rack #3
Ice in a Tin Foil Boat!!! :D ;D ;D

Tenpoint 5.

I had 5 out of 6 right on rack #1 and 5 out of 5 right on the second. But that third rack threw me totally off.  ::) ::)  :D

HR

watchdog56

Looks good 10.5. I should be pulling mine out of wraps this weekend,can't wait to try them. Sorry did not take pics. !0.5 where you at? Must be close to me,seems like every time you post weather it is close to what I am getting. I am in Minnesota.

Tenpoint5

I'm in NE Iowa half way between Dubuque and Cedar Rapids.

ArnieM

Good looking cheese 10.5 and a nice variety.  If you're gonna burn those bisquettes, might as well load up the smoker!  I did 8 pounds of assorted cheese last time.

My wife's girlfriend was here for dinner last Sunday.  I sent her home with a doggy bag of thin sliced smoked pork loin and a pound of smoked mozzarella.  Her son (25) manages a small restaurant.  He loved the stuff and now wants to get a smoker.  I think I'm causing trouble.   ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: ArnieM on October 27, 2009, 12:01:08 PM
My wife's girlfriend was here for dinner last Sunday.  I sent her home with a doggy bag of thin sliced smoked pork loin and a pound of smoked mozzarella.     ;)

Arnie the next you will have 9 women towering over you demanding that you smoke for their get together. ;D ;D ;D

HR

ArnieM

Hmmm.  Nine women?  I'm getting old.  I'd probably have to hold it down to seven.  ;D
-- Arnie

Tenpoint5

The Pecan Party is Going On!!!

ArnieM

I'll have to try pecan next time.  I used apple with a bit of hickory last time. 

I just ordered up 120 packs each of hickory, apple and mesquite from Amazon.  $39.96 each, no shipping or tax.  I should be set for a while.  I still have apple, pecan, hickory and most of a 120 count box of oak left.  I could probably smoke a Volkswagen  ;D
-- Arnie

Tenpoint5

Party is over every one is all vac sealed up and in the fridge. Here is what they looked like coming out.

Kinda had some splainning to do, it went like this. Momma came around the corner when I was heading to the garage fridge put the hands on the hips and said
"What do you think your doing?"
I calmly said "No you can't have any, I don't even get any. They have to hang out in the fridge for 10 days unless you want to taste something like licking an ashtray."
"REALLY??"
"Yes Dear, Really"
"You didn't do that last time"
"Yes I did, Last time I did Pepper Jack and you don't like Pepper Jack so you just didn't pay attention."
"Fine, I get to open the first package when its ready, Did you mark the calendar?"
"Not yet but you can do the honors"
" Don't be a Smart A**"

OU812

All that cheese looks mighty good. I really like the MJ, all of them.

Your wife kinda sounds like mine, almost word for word.  :D

Hopefull Romantic

Mine sounds just the opposite, she always says she has no pallet but to smoked salmon and shrimps. Kinds expensive aint it?

HR

ArnieM

10.5 - You may have to get a fridge with a time lock on it.  I did my last batch on 1 Oct.  Since then, I've eaten some and gave some away.  I still have 3 or 4 pounds left.  I keep telling myseld "It's getting better every day ..."  :D
-- Arnie