Charlie Daniels Birthday.......Born 10-28-36

Started by classicrockgriller, October 28, 2009, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

justpete

Just listened to a few tunes on Youtube.  Love Charlie Daniels music.

Happy Birthday Charle

Thanks for the post classicrockergriller.

Caneyscud

Saw him at a hockey a couple weeks ago, but had to do a double take - he has really aged since the last time I saw him.  Gotta like the guy

Lyrics such as "Just take them rascals [rapists, killers, child abusers] out in the swamp / Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump / Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest,"

In 2003, Daniels published an Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch in defense of President George W. Bush's Iraq policy. His 2003 book Ain't No Rag: Freedom, Family, and the Flag contains this letter as well as many other personal statements. ....... His band's official website contains a "soapbox" page, where Daniels has made statements such as the following: "the topic de jour among the self proclaimed wise and elite these days," regarding global warming, "In the future Darwinism will be looked upon as we now look upon the flat earth theory," and "I am more afraid of you and your ilk than I am of the terrorists," regarding U.S. Senator Harry Reid. On March 27, 2009, Daniels criticized the Obama Administration for changing the name of the War on Terror to the "Overseas Contingency Operation" and referring to terrorism as "man-caused disasters".
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller