Has any one got a recipe for cod or snapper?

Started by Crazy Canuck, March 05, 2005, 01:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Canuck

Plan on doing snapper, cod and salmon. Was thinking of doing all three with Kummocks recipe. If any one has any ideas  I would appreciate some suggestions.

Addicted to Smokin[:p][:p][:p]
DanR @ Fort St.John BC

Crazy Canuck

Okie Dokie then:
Here is the recipe I used.

Sorry only know metric:

1 Litre H2O (Water)
175 ml pickling salt
300 ml Teryaki sauce ( Most small jars are in the 300 ml range)
500 ml brown sugar
1 Tblsp garlic juice (I buy jars of pre-chopped garlic)
1 Tblsp chopped garlic
1.5 Tbsp cayenne pepper
500 ml sun rype apple juice.

Allow 24 hours in brine. During drying process I sprinkled with Paprika and spicy pepper meddley. (Bought bulk at Costco)
Smoke will be 2 pucks Alder 1 puck Hickory. I like smoke so I am going to smoke for duration of following times.

100-120 F  for 2 hours
140 F for 2 hours
175 F 1 hour (plus) (Till fish is done)

I will post all the pictures once I get finished product and I figure out how to post them.

DanR @ Fort St. John BC

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crazy Canuck</i>
<br />Okie Dokie then:
......Sorry only know metric:.....
DanR @ Fort St. John BC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't apologize for being more advanced than us other 'Mericans, Dan!! Here's a great site for Yankee-to-Rest of the World, Rest of the World-to-Yankee conversions[;)][:D][8D]....http://www.onlineconversion.com/

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Crazy Canuck

Well the mixed results are in. All three fish turned out with different results none of them bad. The salmon was sweet (to sweet for me but the rest of the clan loved the salmon.) The cod absorbed the salt [?][?][?]. Was very tasty (Will rinse cod more next time.) The Snapper had an affinity for the apple juice and was the biggest hit with the rest of the family. I will try this recipe again, and the only thing I will change is I would cut the sugar in half 1 cup brown sugar instead of 2. Pictures to follow once I learn how.

DanR @ Fort St. John BC