First time Beef Ribs !!! Yum Yum Yummy !!!

Started by AKinGA, October 30, 2009, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKinGA

Mixed brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, ground cinnamon, pepper, paprika, parsley, and garlic salt, mixed in a bowl, really do not have any measurements but just kept trying the mix a little until I got the taste I liked, little sweet, and then hot from the paprika.

Poured lemon juice over the ribs and rubbed them all in it.  At that point I poured the dry run mix into a empty parsley bottle, really any bottle will work, I did this for easiness of spreading the run on the ribs.  Parsley bottle had bigger opening on the top then any of the other spices so I used that one for that reason.  Then I sprinkled the drub all over the ribs one at a time, turning them and stacking them.  Put in the fridge to marinate for about 2 hours, took it out and then did another coat of the run and then smoker time.

Smoked on hickory wood for about 3 hours, kept the temperature right at 225 the whole time. 

Took them out of the smoker and then put them in a pan, added about 1/2 cup of apple juice to a makeshift cup made out of foil to hold the juice.  I also on the side made a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and BBQ sauce.  I rubbed that all over the ribs as I was putting them into the pan, to add some of the moisture back into the ribs as they looked dry after being in the smoker for 3 hours.  Sealed the pan with foil and let them cook.  About 20 minutes into it, took out and then rubbed the mixture above on the m one more time.   Put in the oven at about 325 degrees for about 45 minutes and then it was go time on eating.

The ribs came out very juicy, came right of the bone, they were little sweet, and little hot.  Not sticky at all, the BBQ sauce was diluted, I don't care for too much of BBQ so I didn't use much.  They were very delicious.  Hope you like the pics.

FLBentRider

That looks great.

Interesting twist with the lemon juice.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Awesome  AkinGA!  Those look great...talk about falling off the bone!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

joerom

congratulations,they look super!
                            Joe.

Caribou

Wow!
Those came out great, I love the pics you shared with us, too.
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Bet your belly be akin in Akin! Looks Awesome ! You the Man.

The cajun seasoning does it for me.....

AKinGA

Thanks, they came out fantastic.

FLBentRider, I used the lemon juice because I saw it in few recipes and that it was good to use it to break down the meat a little so its more tender.  I use it for that plus to add more wetness to them so the rub would stick to the ribs better.

Just did some chicken and will post some pictures later.  The chicken came out delicous as well.  I just actually used the store bough, from Publix grocery store.  It was premarinted with a run.  Bought one that had mesquite and the other was lemon pepper.  I tossed it in the smoker at about 210-220 for 3 hours using hickory and WOW it was good.

Ka Honu

Tenpoint5

Them is some great looking Dinosaur Bones! AK
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

AKinGA

classicrockgriller

Did you finish them yard birds on the bradley?

Awesome color.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Great ribs and chicken there AkinGa.

I would also be interested to know if you finished the chicken in the Bradley.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

Those ribs aren't falling off the bone - they're jumping off!  They look really great. 

The yard birds look nice too.  As previously asked, all in the Bradley or a finish in the oven or grill?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

pensrock

Both the dino bones and the yard birds look great.  :)