Oscar Mayer Has A Way with .....

Started by Tenpoint5, October 30, 2009, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Just think how proud you will be when you get to show your friends the size of your sausage.

KyNola

Chris ??? Chris ??? Chris ???

You still with us buddy?  "Rockabye baby in the treetops....."  Goodnight sweet prince.

(CRG, I am so ignoring that sausage size comment ;))

KyNola

KevinG

Those things look like fire extinguishers. How much meat is stuffed into them?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

squirtthecat

He can use them for ballast this winter, instead of putting sandbags in the trunk..

KyNola

Oscar Mayer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. ;D

KyNola

classicrockgriller

I stayed up with him till 4, but he wouldn't talk to me. ;D ;D

KyNola

Gotta give him this one.  That is a trooper.  When I was doing jerky for the first time at 1:00AM I was ready to die and CRG stood with me on that watch.  10.5 was still at it this morning!!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

I'll probably be there tonite playin with my butts.....A man has to do what a man has to do. ;D

KyNola

Don't forget to show Linda! ;)

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Roadking

Save you a lot of time on the bologna. I've done this a couple dozen times. Do your smoking part in the Bradley at around the 130 degree mark take it out of the Bradley and put it in a vacuum bag, vacuum it and seal it. Submerge it in your turkey pot (the one you use to use that was filled with hot oil) that has simmering water in it and finish it off in there until it comes up to temp. Don't walk away from it because it will only take 20-40 minutes then pull it out and submerge in ice cold water. The bologna won't have a dry layer it'll come out moist like store bought.
Also if you want to raise the height of the bologna in the Bradley because it's too long run the string up through the vent and put a nail or dowel through the loop.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Roadking on October 31, 2009, 06:19:50 PM
Save you a lot of time on the bologna. I've done this a couple dozen times. Do your smoking part in the Bradley at around the 130 degree mark take it out of the Bradley and put it in a vacuum bag, vacuum it and seal it. Submerge it in your turkey pot (the one you use to use that was filled with hot oil) that has simmering water in it and finish it off in there until it comes up to temp. Don't walk away from it because it will only take 20-40 minutes then pull it out and submerge in ice cold water. The bologna won't have a dry layer it'll come out moist like store bought.
Also if you want to raise the height of the bologna in the Bradley because it's too long run the string up through the vent and put a nail or dowel through the loop.

Road King them sound like great Ideas except 1) I dont have a turkey fryer yet and 2) I tried the nail in the vent hole but the bologna was still to long.

As for the rest of the comments NO I HAVE NOT BEEN TO BED YET!!!!! I did catch a couple of hours in the recliner from 10 til noon. Then I had to go do the family thing with the MIL and SIL so the kids could go T&T with their cousin.

Wasn't that I wouldn't talk to you CRG you kept popping out and going to get your cat naps. I was reading posts from the old forum and from when they started the new forum. I read just about every post in General discussion and meats well most of of them any how.
My 2 oldest boys hung in there until 2:30am then I sent them to bed before Momma found out I let them stay up that late. That didn't work the middle boy had to go give Mom a kiss and hug before bed just like normal. OOOOOOOPPSS!!!! 

Now I plan on posting my finished pics then I am going to bed!!! Hell I even get an extra hour tonight, Yeah right the kids will still get up an hour early at their normal time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

The Bologna finally got to temp at 2pm!!! Roughly 22 hours in the smoker. Turned out really good, nice and moist with a great flavor. I will do this again just wont start at 3:30 in the afternoon next time. I am a little pissed cause my slicer apparently is for slicing whole meats and not deli meats. The jagged tooth blade instead of a smooth blade kind of made a mess when slicing, doesn't spin fast enough either.

Here's what I ended up with from the smaller one that I only sliced up half of.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Looks good Chris. I know you are tired and will sleep good tonite.

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks great 10.5. Do you have a large Nesco roaster? (Maybe a neighbor or your church has one) I've heard of people doing the hot water bath in those.
HawkeyeSmokes