1st Roast

Started by cutconcrete, October 31, 2009, 11:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutconcrete

Just finished slicing bottom round roast done yesterday. Can't stop eating it!

Started with a 9 lbs bottom round roast.  Did lite rub of 1 tb kosher salt, 1 tb black pepper, 1 tb garlic powder, and 1 tb onion powder.  Let sit out 1/2 hour while got smoker to temp.  Smoked 4 hours with Jim Beam and had temp set at 230 which was keeping the smoker at about 210. I expected it to need another two hours to reach a IT of 135 but pulled it off at only an extra 1/2 hour. FTC for 2 1/2 hours, set in fridge and cooled. I sliced VERY thin and it came out unbelievable.
I am so happy with my new found hobby and thanks for all the help, the people involved with this forum are just wonderful!
Remember rescue dogs need homes to, or at least that what my wife tells me!

classicrockgriller

Good deal, but our payment for helping you is you posting pics.

We need pictures.

Try this link to get your pictures going.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

cutconcrete

Thanks for the link. I have been having a hard time trying to post pics.

Caribou

Congrats on a great roast and a new hobby!
9 pounds!  You'll be enjoying that for a while  :)
Carolyn

cutconcrete

I wish I had a lot left, betten sandwiches yesterday and today, a pound to my father and my father in law I think I only have a pound left! Guess I will just have to fire up the old Bradley again for some more!

Caribou

Quote from: cutconcrete on November 01, 2009, 11:37:42 AM
I wish I had a lot left, betten sandwiches yesterday and today, a pound to my father and my father in law I think I only have a pound left! Guess I will just have to fire up the old Bradley again for some more!
Exactly!  :D
Carolyn