Brisket & Butt

Started by seemore, November 01, 2009, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Thanks again to CRG & Squirt the Cat for your advice on our beef brisket and pork butt.
As you recall, we rubbed them down with the rubs from the SMOKE & SPICE book.  One specifically for the pork butt;  one specifically for the brisket.

They sat all day in the rub, and then at 8:15 last night we put them on to smoke.
We pulled them from the smoker at 1:30 this morning, and brought them inside.
We placed each one in a foil pan, and poured some sauce - we made two sauces, one for each meat - over them, covered them with foil, and put them in the oven.
Since we did not do the "traditional" method of mopping the meat while it smoked, we put some sauce in each pan while the meat cooked in the oven.  The meat cooked in a 225 degree oven until 11:30, at which time we removed them.  The brisket had an IT of 200;  the pork butt was 195.
Here is how the brisket:

And here is the pork butt:

All in all, very good eats.  In fact, there is hardly any brisket left.  Enough to fill a sandwich bag.  Our 14-year old nephew ate 3 sandwiches alone.   :o
The pork butt was very good, and a large dent was made in that as well.

FLBentRider

That looks awesome seemore!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks awesome there. I can see why most of it disappeared.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

deb415611

Looks great Seemore!   Did you let Mrs. have a little room in the smoker for some chicken thighs?

classicrockgriller

Toot Toot! BEAUTIFUL! You needed any help, you just needed someone to tell you GO!
nice brisket and BUTTS !

seemore

deb.... yes but chicken still in cooler ..........
seemore

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Look's very very good there MR. BUTTS I mean Seemore.  (Yes that is their real last name)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

ohh ok....I thought...well never mind ;D

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caneyscud

Awesome job seemore - I can taste that barbecue just sitting here daydreaming. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Nicely done seemore, they both look very moist, I really really like the looks of the brisket. Mmmmm brisket.

dbrown1

Great job Seemore those both look great, excellent work !! You have done yourself proud.. ;D