Two Abused Butts

Started by classicrockgriller, October 31, 2009, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I unwrap these butts and the bone broke away clean and the smell is awesome.

My whole house smells like a BBQ joint.

classicrockgriller

I hand pulled these butts and chopped the bark (the bark was not really
that hard due to the slathers that were applied). As I was mixing them up
by hand I kinda gave each turn a squeeze to help the juices mix up. I won't
have to wait two or three days for smoke taste in these butts, it is there.

The one on the right is the carolina/mustard (you can see the yellow tint to
it) and the left one is the Remoulade.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

You know, I have never had pulled pork or beef brisket, but I know they look good. I will have to try one sometime. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Looks like they turned out great CRG!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on November 01, 2009, 11:56:46 AM
You know, I have never had pulled pork or beef brisket, but I know they look good. I will have to try one sometime. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Q, Habs has a vaunted vinegar sauce for pulled pork that is pretty good (I add more black pepper to it) and it is on the recipe site.
Some of the forum drizzle back in some rub sauce and spice as they are mixing it up to add to the flavor. Boston Butts are inexpensive
and require the low slow smoke/cook like a brisket.

Quarlow

aarrrgh that sounds so good. I watch the cooking shows like Diners, drive-ins and dives and the bbq joints just about make me ......... oops family show. ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on November 01, 2009, 12:47:45 PM
aarrrgh that sounds so good. I watch the cooking shows like Diners, drive-ins and dives and the bbq joints just about make me ......... oops family show. ;D

Hi cousin.  I can't believe you haven't had either PP or brisket.  Neither one is complicated, they just take some time.  As far as the Food Network is concerned, you'll never have anything as good as what you make yourself.  I've watched the shows for years and believe me, the people here are far more creative and dedicated to top-notch food than most of the BBQ joints on the shows.

I hope you can get into one or the other real soon.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

CRG, they do look great. Hats off.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Thanks, they taste great. Very happy. I Have a new plan for the next two.

Hopefull Romantic

CRG, man I love your entusiasim. The two you just made are not gone yet and you are planning for the next not just one, but two.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caribou

Great job CRG!  :)
Carolyn

York

What was the total cook time CRG?

They looked awesome by the way.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Quarlow on November 01, 2009, 11:56:46 AM

You have to try it Q! Once you do, you will be hooked.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

JoeHifi

CRG,

Did you age those butts?

And what flavor(s) of smoke?

Thanks,

Joe