What our handles are about?

Started by Quarlow, November 03, 2009, 09:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

OU812 is a great album.  LOL when I first say the title.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Caneyscud

Man, I always thought it meant he graduated from Oklahoma U in August of 1912!

The Caney Fork is my "home" flyfishing waters.  Years ago, I first started my forum career by annoying people with my posts on some local fly fishing forums.  When I signed up for those forums, tried to do caneyforkflyfisher, or other such Caney(fill in the blank) handles, but they were all taken.  A scud is a shrimp-like fresh-water crustacean very prevalent on the grassier sections of the Caney Fork River.  Caneyscud wes the first "Caney" handle I ran across that wasn't already taken - so I used it.   And I seldom use scud flies to fish, except this time of the year.  Dying or dead scuds turn orangish, and using an orange scud can be very fruitful this time of the year.  A line drawing of a scud is below with flies that imitate.  The top I usually tie more gray, but the bottom one is the orange one that is good this time of year.  I like tying them pleasingly plump and hunch-backed - sorta like me!

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

pensrock = The Pittsburgh Penguins ROCK. nuff said.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

muzzletim

I belong to a hunting forum, and decicided to use muzzle and my first name tim. I love to hunt with a muzzle loader. Hence muzzletim, however my wife says it because I should keep my mouth closed by whatever means I need because sometime the things that come out should not be heard by most of humanity! LOL ;D ;D
Tim

FLBentRider

Quote from: muzzletim on November 04, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
my wife says it because I should keep my mouth closed by whatever means I need because sometime the things that come out should not be heard by most of humanity!

I think that applies to me too!

;D :D ;D

"I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!"
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

My wife says I should only talk when spoken to .....and she never talks to me.

deb415611

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 04, 2009, 05:03:17 AM

squirtthecat =  Squirt The Cat

My big guy is diabetic, and I get his 'supplies' at Walgreens.  They were nice enough to enroll him a in a prescription savings plan, as he is unable to find insurance coverage..   The name stuck.

Apologies for the photo.  My cell phone is as blurry as my eyesight this morning.

My cat, Cocoa,  has a prescription savings plan card too :D   but it doesn't have her name on it ???   I'll have to work on that

BigJohnT

I always liked the character Big Dan T from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" So when I had more gravitational attraction than I have now the name kinda fit so to speak. Now I'm thinking of changing it to Medium John T... but I still have a big heart and can't wait until Smaller John T fits  ;D

Big John T

JT

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 04, 2009, 02:11:04 PM
My wife says I should only talk when spoken to .....and she never talks to me.

My wife says "Let's talk".  That means shut up while I get the lecture.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Wildcat

Our first 5th Wheel RV was a Forest River Wildcat.  Easy to remember so I use it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

dick621

nice looking scuds there Caney.
          Dick621  because Dick was taken somewhere along the line. Thought about a change but thats as far as it got so far.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Quarlow

I did not know this had been done before, but there is probably alot of new members since that one. And this is not manditory, just if you want to. But thanks for the link FLBR. I'll check that one out too
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Slamdunk

Slamdunk here. Two reasons for my name.

Former Basketball player - pretty good in high school, should have looked into university/college scholarships - the other four starting players did and got them, but my plans were elsewhere  - and played two - three times a week with a mixed aged group until I was 50-ish when I went out one night and broke 2 fingers on a defensive arrangement. Haven't played since that mishap, but still love the game.

Also, and perhaps more long lasting,,,,

Sometimes in life things are hard, seemingly unattainable, but with hard work, who knows?? but at other times, well, it's a Slamdunk, easy as heck!! Go figure!! So, that's my philosophy of life, hence my name.

And that brings me to smoking!! Some of the recipes, instructions, equipment seem easy! The pics that people post here, and the advice and experience shared, seem sometimes to be insurmountable but, with practice and patience and experimenting, result in GREAT belly satisfying results!!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: slamdunk on November 04, 2009, 08:06:47 PM
Slamdunk here. Two reasons for my name.

Former Basketball player - pretty good in high school, should have looked into university/college scholarships - the other four starting players did and got them, but my plans were elsewhere  - and played two - three times a week with a mixed aged group until I was 50-ish when I went out one night and broke 2 fingers on a defensive arrangement. Haven't played since that mishap, but still love the game.

Also, and perhaps more long lasting,,,,

Sometimes in life things are hard, seemingly unattainable, but with hard work, who knows?? but at other times, well, it's a Slamdunk, easy as heck!! Go figure!! So, that's my philosophy of life, hence my name.

And that brings me to smoking!! Some of the recipes, instructions, equipment seem easy! The pics that people post here, and the advice and experience shared, seem sometimes to be insurmountable but, with practice and patience and experimenting, result in GREAT belly satisfying results!!

Awesome.

Hopefull Romantic

In a big social studies class back at Purdue, we were discussing man / woman relationships and talking about romantic evening. When I described my perfect evening, my BIG professor from NYC said; "Hady you are a Hopeless Romantic". I replied; Not hopless but rather HOPEFULL.

For the rest of the semester, no one called me Hady, and hopefull romantic stuck.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.