Started by ArnieM, November 05, 2009, 09:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Arnie,

Do you have Price Chopper nearby?  They have chuck steak on sale for $1.99

Deb

seemore

Arnie, those look great!

BTW I love your cat - what a beautiful face.

seemore

looks good............ :o
seemore

ArnieM

Quote from: deb415611 on November 08, 2009, 01:15:32 PM
Arnie,

Do you have Price Chopper nearby?  They have chuck steak on sale for $1.99

Deb

Nothing down this way Deb.  I worked up in Windsor and there was a store up there.  I found they some pretty good prices.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Brad Stab

Arnie, that chuck looks awesome. I love the color on the finished product. One of the reasons it may have been a bit dry is because that cut of beef really needs moist heat to break down the connective tissue. Like braising or stewing. But irregardless. It looks great.
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

ArnieM

Quote from: Brad Stab on November 09, 2009, 10:33:03 AM
Arnie, that chuck looks awesome. I love the color on the finished product. One of the reasons it may have been a bit dry is because that cut of beef really needs moist heat to break down the connective tissue. Like braising or stewing. But irregardless. It looks great.

I agree braising would be a better way to go.  As I said, it's not going to replace brisket.  :D  It did come out tender and got moistened up a bit with the peppers, onions, salsa, avocado and sour cream. 

I really like skirt or flank steak for the recipe.  But, it seems that once it was "discovered"  the prices have gone through the roof.  :-X
-- Arnie

FLBentRider

Quote from: ArnieM on November 09, 2009, 10:45:13 AM
But, it seems that once it was "discovered"  the prices have gone through the roof.  :-X

Don't you love the way that works. Some restruant gets famous on fajitas and now skirt steak is $7.99/lb or worse. We get flanks @ sams when they are on special for $5.99/lb

What's the phrase ?

"whatever the market will bear"
>:( >:(
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

I was about a week early  :-X  This week my favorite local market has skirt stead for 3.99 and chuck roast for 2.49.  What's worse is they have pork butt for 0.99.  It's gonna be a busy weekend  :D
-- Arnie

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Arnie, The pics were awesome. Great job. thanks