I cant take it any more

Started by OU812, November 06, 2009, 06:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

My thought are also with you and your family.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Good news OU.

He's doing great.  Just hold on.

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

I've got an easy button on my desk @ work.

I use it for the tough support calls.

:D :D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

OU812,

You and your family are in my prayers also. Hang in there the best that you can.

Brad

OU812

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 06, 2009, 03:00:22 PM

I gave my last one to my mom...

I'll get to Staples Monday and get a few more.  I'll pop one in the mail to OU812..

I could really use one. I didnt sleep worth a crap last night.

Tonight its going to be a bottle of Jack.

OU812

Thanks every one.
I tried to keep to my self but couldn't even concentrate on work then I thought I could unload here and you all treated me like family for which I'm thankfull.

HawkeyeSmokes

Sending thoughts and prayers OU. Glad to hear that the surgery went well and wish your dad a speedy recovery.
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

I'm glad that things are looking good OU.  Always remember you have "family and friends" here.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tiny Tim

Don't know why, but when I read the outcome of the surgery, my eyes moistened...and I had a smile on my face.  Must be dusty in here.........yeah, that's it.

Anyway, great to hear he came out of surgery okay, and that you're going to see him tomorrow. 

ronbeaux

Great news! Save the bottle of Jack for a tip with the old man when he feels up to it. Relax and settle in knowing how important it is to be alive and look forward to spending quality time with the loved ones. It only happens once so don't waste it.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

joerom

Glad to hear things are going well.Do some more visiting. It means a lot.
                                                     Joe.

La Quinta

OU...I know how you are feeling...my husband had a quadruple bi-pass 13 years ago...I was a wreck...but your Dad is out of surgery and doing ok...it's hard...but...my hubby had a heart like an ox too!!! He's doin just fine...your Dad will be the same..it's more scary for the people who are waiting then the patient.

Your Dad will be In our Prayers

T & B

Hopefull Romantic

Great new OU I bet it was a very big and long sigh you took after you got the news.

Wishing your father a speedy recovery and you a safe trip and back

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Thanks for all the support and kind thoughts, everyone.

Went down sat. to see the old man. He was kinda in and out of it the 4 hr I was there. They just took him off the morphine drip and gave him a morphine pill when I got there and I could see the pain he was in, I could hardly hold back the tears and my throat was all choked up. They should have gave him the pill a little before they did as I could see the drip wore off before the pill kicked in. Man that was tough, just watching him suffer. All I could do is keep telling him that its going to get better and started talking about the kids, his grand kids, trying to keep talking even though he was biting the bullet.

The Doc says he can go home this Tue if the tubes in his chest stop draining the fluid and his blood pressure gets back up to norm. The Doc said the old man has one hell of a strong heart and was able to do the surgery with out putting him on a bypass machine, he said they held my dads heart in there hands the whole time they were working and it didn't miss a beat.

Sounds like its going to be three month's before dad will be able to do anything.