Ain't your Momma's meatloaf from S&S

Started by SmokinMoe, March 06, 2005, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

Glad it was good!! It is an excellent recipe.
IceRat,
If you don't have Smoke & Spice, you should get it. You can get a good deal on it on Amazon.com.
I would buy the paperback version, take it down to office max or office depot (or some store similar) and then have them cut the binding off and put a spiral binding on it so it will lay flat for you like a reg. cookbook.
There are so many recipes... The Jalepeno Shrimp recipe is delightful and will spoil you for shrimp.  My husband won't eat any other kind of shrimp except those now.
Glad it worked out for you.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

icerat4

My next project is going to be pulled pork i guess thats what a boston butt.There are mixed internal temps reading as i did a search to find out what the real internal temp should be.I will be buying only a 8-10 pound piece of what ever meat this is called boston butt pork shoulder which is right.I ask olds to on this and i hope to hear something so i can do this right.If you can add any help here please do and once again thanks alot.[:D] is that book written by cherly and bill jamison .if so i will pick it up on the way home.

iceman

Am I goofed up or did Olds signature picture just get swiped?[:D]

icerat4

I liked it and i have his permission hope its ok if not ill change it.[8D]

begolf25

I think one Bradley Smoker sig on this site is more then enough!

[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][:D] (just a joke rat)

iceman

Doesn't bother me a bit icerat. I just remember Olds posting it as his signature for the recipe forum. Have a good one.[:)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />I liked it and i have his permission hope its ok if not ill change it.[8D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

icerat4

OK ill take it down No biggie.This is more me anyways

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by begolf25</i>
<br />I think one Bradley Smoker sig on this site is more then enough!

[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][:D] (just a joke rat)
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Your an okay dude there icerat. Hats off to ya.[:D][:D][:D]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />OK ill take it down No biggie.This is more me anyways

icerat4

Just wanted to bring this back up for the newbies.I did another one of these meatloafs yesterday and omg.So easy and ya really cant mess it up pull it at 165 and walla.This is the BOMB GUYS Thanks so much for all the help and info on this one. ;D ;)

Ded Leg

Seeing this post just reminded me that I had wanted to try the meatloaf but had forgotten about it.  Since I'm doing bacon this weekend, I am going to throw a meatloaf in the BS also.

ChefBill

Got one already made up and sitting in the fridge. Letting it sit so flavors can meld thru it. Fried up 1/2# of bacon and crumbled it up real fine and mixed it with the ground beef, have done this before and the smoky flavor is all the way thru the meat loaf.  Will hit the Ol' BS with it tomorrow.  ;) Going to use Pecan to smoke it. I know what's for supper tomorrow night.  :P
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

icerat4

Mr.Chef your in for a real treat this is awesome ;D.We folk from the back wood just love this stuff. :D

ChefBill

Rat,
Going to give something a try to see how it works. Going to make it up and put it in a skillet sprayed with "Pam" and brown the bottom to lightly firm up the bottom and slide it directly to a jerky rack. This way it'll get smoke on the bottom from the very start and should sit firmly on rack. No push thru to mess up bottom.  :-\
Also, Had some left over Wild Rice I added to it too. Everytime I make a meatloaf I seem to have wild rice in the fridge.  :) maybe that's because I go thru about 10# of Wild Rice a year, just love that stuff. Great with steak, roast, mushrooms, Au Jus or just butter. Damn, I'm drooling on the keyboard again. :P
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

icerat4

I did this thing just like smokinmoe said .I put it into the foil 3lbs pan then after 1 hour picked it up with no problem and sat it on the rack again no problems.That method does work no falling thru.But let us know what ya think after ya try some. ;D