Ain't your Momma's meatloaf from S&S

Started by SmokinMoe, March 06, 2005, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChefBill

Rat,
It worked great... ;D Put the meatloaf in a cold skillet coated with PAM then turned stove eye on HI with pan on it. As soon as it started to "Sizzle" I turned the eye off and let it sit for about 5 minutes and it slid out and onto the rack just as clean as a whistle. ::) You need a shallow side skillet though, a flat griddle would be the best.
She's in the BS getting asphyxiated with 2 apple & 3 pecan frizbees right now.  :o
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

iceman

Hafta agree with you on that one rat. We did one Friday night and it was to die for!!! Had some garlic mashed taters with it and saute'd mushrooms along with a Kodiak Brown stout and listened to Black Saboth at 78 speed backwards and I think I saw the big guy in the sky!!!!!! ::) Just kidding about the last part :P It is everything you said it is. A keeper for sure.
Quote from: icerat4 on April 09, 2006, 07:33:28 AMI did this thing just like smokinmoe said .I put it into the foil 3lbs pan then after 1 hour picked it up with no problem and sat it on the rack again no problems.That method does work no falling thru.But let us know what ya think after ya try some. ;D

icerat4

It is to die for all the praise to  smokinmoe for a great find.My pulled pork came out very good with another recipe from smoke & spice. Thanks alot people this is fun and with your help i am doing great Thanks again. ;D

ChefBill

HELP,
I'm in pain. Too much of anything is hazardous to your health, "Even Moes Meatloaf"... ::)  Why didn't you guys tell not to eat half of it by myself,,, Geeze, I can see the rest of the day is shot to hell, already barefoot and in shorts getting ready for TV. Ain't able to do anything more than sit.  ;D  Man, that was good..
"All hail, Moe the Meatloaf King"

icerat4

Nice huh. What did ya bring your temps at.Please share your adventure. ;D

ChefBill

IceRat,
Preheated the Ol' BS to 225º and put the Monster (Resembled an Elephant Turd on Steroids) :D on middle rack..   Dropped it back to 210º and let her smoke. Took the internal temp up to 162º and pulled it. Had about 1 hr 40 minutes of smoke and another 2 hours of cooking. Total cook time was 3 hours 45 minutes.
Turned out really moist and was delicious. :P Daughter really thought it was great too..

begolf25

I have been hearing about this meatloaf and I finally had a few minutes to read through this post today.  I think this will be in my BS this Saturday.  Great info here fellas!

begolf25

Well I made my first meatloaf this Sunday in the BS.  All I can say is WOW.  The wife was laughing as I was putting it together and I have to admit I was a little unsure at first.  What a pleasant surprise when we cut into it.  We both agree that this is the best meatloaf we have had.  This one is a keeper for sure!

icerat4

I am eating my meatloaf leftover right now.I vacuum sealed it a week ago and i am eating it right now.Its as good as it was when frist done.Yes this is a keeper ;D

manxman

Apparently in South Africa they have a recipe for meatloaf that includes a curried custard topping!! Sounds 'orrible but apparently tastes great!!! :o

I quote from a BBC Cookbook just released in the UK ......"Bobotie" is a kind of fruity, herby meatloaf with a curried custard topping, of Cape Malay origin.All southern Africans have their own recipe for this.

(ref: Hairy Bikers Cookbook, Dave Myers,Si King)

I did buy the book and some great recipes they have too, however this is one that doesn't appeal!!

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I googled Bobotie and came up with a variety of recipes, I just may try one of them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Hmmm. Bet it doesn't taste like chicken Hab. ::)
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 27, 2006, 11:23:56 AM
I googled Bobotie and came up with a variety of recipes, I just may try one of them.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on April 27, 2006, 11:35:00 AM
Hmmm. Bet it doesn't taste like chicken Hab. ::)
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 27, 2006, 11:23:56 AM

I don't thing it's going to taste like chicken either (well maybe curried chicken) :D This is definately an in your oven meat loaf, and not the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Well i am doing 4 of these loafs this weekend.Why you ask.Because its the best we ever had and its muie cheapo. ;D ;D ;D ;)

manxman

QuoteI googled Bobotie and came up with a variety of recipes, I just may try one of them.

Let us know if you do HS, if it comes out well from someone trying it first hand then I may just give it a go. :)
Manxman