Ain't your Momma's meatloaf from S&S

Started by SmokinMoe, March 06, 2005, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I just made a S&S meatloaf and it was very good. I bought a wire basket from Brinkman to help in the smoking.

What do you like on your meatloaf sandwiches?

Brad

tfr454

with about 20 minutes or so left to cook top the meatloaf with shredded montery jack cheese and get the smoke really rolling again

yummy 

manxman

Manxman

iceman

Quote from: tfr454 on May 03, 2006, 10:58:17 AM
with about 20 minutes or so left to cook top the meatloaf with shredded montery jack cheese and get the smoke really rolling again

yummy 
Sounds very good tfr454. Welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger and if you have any good recipes feel free to share them with all the folks here. We love to try new things.

JJC

I just made the Ain't Your Momma's Meatloaf over the weekend, and we ate it hot along with smoked onions I had prepared in the BS at the same time, and some fresh asparagus.  It was super  :P :P :P  No one wanted to put mustard or BBQ sauce or anything on it.
John
Newton MA

icerat4

I just had to bring this back up for all the newbies.Try this one out guys.I also did these and just put them right on the racks with no problems and once again like clock work these are a great meal.Have fun guys  ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

jimguy

I did the meatloaf yesterday and have to say that my wife and I have mixed feelings. It tasted great but the texture was too mushy for us. Wife thinks that the low slow cooking broke down the fibers in the already ground meat. It could also be the type burger I used or I may have been too agressive mixing it together.

When I say mushy, I mean it had little body, not that it was overly moist.

I put in 4 hours worth of biskets, tried to keep the temp about 200F, cooked it until the inside temp reached 162F, FTC'd for about an hour only because it was done before I expected and wife wasn't home yet.

Chez Bubba

Jim,

I think you already have found the answer in your own assessment. Burgers or loaf have to be gingerly mixed or else they turn to goo paste. The heat of your hands will drastically change the texture & therefore needs to be minimalized.

For someone with as few posts as you, you seem a quick study. I look forward to your participation here. :)

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

jimguy

Hi Kirk

I have not posted much but I have been an avid reader of this forum for several months. I have learned much from it, solved several problems i encountered, and found some great recipes.  I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring and express my experiences.

Thank you for the welcome

MallardWacker

Just to add another booger to the pile...Did anyone see Alton Brown last night about meat loaf...A nice STIFF mixture and is different enough to give it a try.  All the time watching it I thought of my BS.  Nice simple glaze that is not typical.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

icerat4

Heres my moms meatloaf.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

Looks good.

A recent recipe in Penzey's influenced me to do some more smoked meatloaf. This time I will be making individual loafs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wild Nevada

::) Made with ground antelope last night worked great. Thanks for the recipe

robs

Finaly got around to trying this. I followed the recipe to the T and it was a perfect 10. The whole family loved it.

I used 2 hours of maple.

Thanks to the OP.

Wild Nevada

I made this about ten times. Yes I love it. So far I made it with Special Blend = 10 (I liked that the best). Maple was good as well = 9. But Mesquite was not as good = 6