Cold smoked seafood

Started by Brad Stab, November 07, 2009, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Now I am not an expert with a camera but if you pulled back some and got more of the plate it would not focus so tight on it and then you would not have a slightly blurry pic. Just what I have found, I like to have more and then crop it after to were I want it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Brad Stab

Thank you for the tip Quarlow,
Brad
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

Brad Stab

Quote from: Pachanga on November 08, 2009, 03:32:32 AM
Brad,

Very nice.  I am a believer in plating but I have a lot of work to do in that area.  Taste starts with the eye.  I am working on my sauces. 

You are right of course, but their is something to always keep in mind. I have been teaching culinary arts for over 5 years, and I find students spend to much time on presentation, and not enough on the techniques required to "make food taste delicious" This in my opinion is the most important part of cooking. It really does not matter what the plate looks like if it is not delicious. First we all need to make food taste good, then work the plate. When I look at some of the photos on this site I can't get over how beautiful the food looks, but in this case it's not about plate presentation as it is about properly preparing the food.
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

Pachanga

An absolutely correct point, but I would also say that an ugly dish may never be tasted.

However, you are correct, a well seasoned and cooked dish is a must first step.  Most food advertisements would be thrown in the trash after the first bite.

Pachanga

Wildcat

Shoot, I'll take it on a paper plate as long as the food quality is there! Nice job Brad Stab!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks great Brad! Any chance of sharing that mayo based horseradish sauce? It sounds good and I've been trying to find one I like.
HawkeyeSmokes

oakville smoker

Brad

I have been looking for a way for my virgin journey into smoking salmon and I am going to give this a try.
I would rather have something that bleeds when I cut into it, but every once in a while, you have to go with the
swimmer I guess.  I don't really care for the after taste and heart burn after I eat salmon, but since the wife is supposed
to eat it, I will suck it up and deal with it.

This will be a weekend coming project.  I might even have some scallops in the freezer.  I can see a plan coming together ..........
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

Brad, Sorry I missed this on the first go around. Maybe because it is seafood and I am a staek and potato man, but I could go for this.

One of the things I dislike when I eat a certain seafood is the constant taste of that, but a 3 course seafood looks interesting. Thanks again and glad I saw it.