1/2 pork loin(s)

Started by squirtthecat, November 08, 2009, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I did this one for a buddy at work. (in exchange for a case of beer - "Will Smoke for Beer" is my new motto)

Break out the Carolina Treet! (and some rub)

Pile 'em in (3 hours of apple/oak smoke) 

Note the location of my hanging temperature probe...  That dawned on me as I was about 1/2 done mowing the back yard.  CR@P!  (run over and fix)

Flipped/rotated when the the bottom one went over 100* IT.   

Hours later...   After getting back from the grocery store, 140* was hit.

Foiled and resting now.   Will chuck in the freezer for a bit and vacuum seal for delivery tomorrow.

Those will be on the table at their family Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.   I do hope they like it!

FLBentRider

"will smoke for beer" I like it...

Now that I have a BPS - "Have smoker, will travel"

and maybe a gun too...  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Smokin Soon

"Will Smoke for Beer" is my new motto)

Thank's Squirt, now i dont feel like a "floozy' for selling stuff! ;D

Hopefull Romantic

I am sure they will all like them. Great job squirt

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

oakville smoker

Last time I checked, meat was not free, smoking pucks were not free, sauce or sauce components are not freee.  Neither is the hydro to make the smoker go and contrary to popular opinion, my spare time is not worthless.  No such thing as free.

Last night I spent over 2 hours trimming loins, weighing, making cure, wrapping and vac pac'ng about 30 pounds of loin for Canadian Bacon.  None of it is for me   :-\   Am I charging for this ?  Yeppers. 

Don't feel like a floozy for accepting compensation.  My butcher never feels bad when he takes my money....  LOL   usually he asks is there is anything else he can get me.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Your buddy at work got one heck of a deal for a case of beer.

I bet he will be back for more.  ;D

Those look good.

I pulled a whole loin out of the freezer last night for this weekend smoke.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: oakville smoker on November 09, 2009, 10:35:19 AM
Last time I checked, meat was not free, smoking pucks were not free, sauce or sauce components are not freee.  Neither is the hydro to make the smoker go and contrary to popular opinion, my spare time is not worthless.  No such thing as free.

Last night I spent over 2 hours trimming loins, weighing, making cure, wrapping and vac pac'ng about 30 pounds of loin for Canadian Bacon.  None of it is for me   :-\   Am I charging for this ?  Yeppers. 

Don't feel like a floozy for accepting compensation.  My butcher never feels bad when he takes my money....  LOL   usually he asks is there is anything else he can get me.

AHHH but having something over your "Buddy at work"  and him knowing he owes you one!! PRICELESS
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Wrestled into vac bags...  Chilling out now.

Wow, what a weekend.

Slowly heated up some pulled brisket from who-knows-when for dinner.  Splash of BBQ sauce.    Life is good.

classicrockgriller

squirt, life is good ..... If you own a Bradley smoker.