Whole Pig in a Cajun Microwave

Started by classicrockgriller, November 10, 2009, 02:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

It is nice, would be awesome to have, hmmmmm.

Ka Honu

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 10, 2009, 02:27:29 PMSitting around the fire with FULL bellies

Never underestimate the power of a group of men with food, beer, and firearms.

classicrockgriller

I forgot to mention that some of the other food that nite was fresh greens, pintos, cornbread, 8lbs of Cilantro Potato Salad, and 6 lbs of Syracuse Potato's.

There was nothing left but the pig carcase.They have eaten the Cilantro and they all love it, but the Syracuse potatos were a big hit. Gave the recipe to 8 people.

car54

There is nothing better then a.

Brad

Roadking

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 10, 2009, 10:57:20 PM
I forgot to mention that some of the other food that nite was fresh greens, pintos, cornbread, 8lbs of Cilantro Potato Salad, and 6 lbs of Syracuse Potato's.

There was nothing left but the pig carcase.They have eaten the Cilantro and they all love it, but the Syracuse potatos were a big hit. Gave the recipe to 8 people.

OK, Ok, OK, but where are the deer?  ???

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Roadking on November 11, 2009, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 10, 2009, 10:57:20 PM

OK, Ok, OK, but where are the deer?  ???
The last deer they shot was 10 years ago unless you count the one Billy Bob hit with the truck last year!!!ROFL
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

QuoteOK, Ok, OK, but where are the deer?

Just because it called 'deer camp' doesn't mean they actually hunt.  ;D ;D ;D

classicrockgriller

There were some deer shot, just not by me. I did kill a hog, cut boar, that field dress 148.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 11, 2009, 03:14:31 PM
There were some deer shot, just not by me. I did kill a hog, cut boar, that field dress 148.

I would love to go boar huntin some day.

classicrockgriller

OU, these boars come from domesticated hogs that got lost during free range time.

They don't have wild looking tusk, but they can tear you up none the less.

The reference to a boar was that it was a male, but this one had been cut so basically his
meat is good to eat his whole life. From what I understand the breeding of a male pig (boar)
sours his meat.

OU812

We had, I think still have, feral hogs running wild in western Ne. and the state said they were getting out of hand so they hired some helicopters and went out and shot every one they could. How f~#*^d up is that? Didnt even give anyone a chance to thin the herd.

classicrockgriller

We have been threaten by the Timber Co that the same thing can happen to Us. We have a program during off season of trapping and cutting the male piggies.

They are very destructive and can screw up 10 to 15 acres of fresh planted trees in one nite.

MRH

It appears that the cooker is homemade, was it hard to build and what did you use?  I have never seen one live before but heard of guys that made them.  I think it would great to build one sometime.

Mark

classicrockgriller

Mark, that baby is homemade. I have seen plans on internet for them under "cajun microwave plans"

MRH

classicrockgriller thanks, i will have to check and see. Looks like something I might try.

Mark