Sausage/Cheese Balls

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 19, 2009, 07:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on November 19, 2009, 12:04:40 PMBased on your estimate and 21 sausage balls, that's only about 7.6g of carbs per ball.  Not too bad. 

Sure, Arnie... Who's going to be able to eat just 3 to stay below the 25g/day level?

KyNola

Wrapped in bacon, would that make them Oinkoink balls?

Those look great Rick.  Gonna be doing them soon!

KyNola

ArnieM

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 19, 2009, 01:20:08 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 19, 2009, 12:04:40 PMBased on your estimate and 21 sausage balls, that's only about 7.6g of carbs per ball.  Not too bad. 

Sure, Arnie... Who's going to be able to eat just 3 to stay below the 25g/day level?

Well KH, at three per day you have a weeks worth  ;D  No other carbs though  :-[

Seriously, it sounds like you're in the early stage of the Atkins diet or something similar.  I've been there and done that.  It's brutal and probably isn't good for you.  Send me a PM if you want any personal experience.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TMB

Could you not make them without the bisquick? I say make them and wrap in bacon or ham then cook. What ya' think?   I always try to get bacon in somewhere!   ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on November 19, 2009, 01:15:39 PM
Rick, those look great.  :)
One question, why did you not wrap a couple of those bad boys with bacon?  ???

Greg YOU ROCK my friend!!! Bacon Bacon Bacon The Crack Cocaine of the food world!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Mother-in-law (rest her soul) used to make those every Xmas they were the bomb!  Wrapped in bacon and then smoked.....Yowzers!!  That sounds like a great plan!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

QuoteGreg YOU ROCK my friend!!! Bacon Bacon Bacon The Crack Cocaine of the food world!!!!
;D ;D Gotta have bacon.  ;D ;D

Roadking

We make them up like 200-300 at a time. Freeze them up, then put them in the zip-lock freezer bags.
You can then grab a handful and stick them in the oven when ever you feel the erge for some. There done real quick even when there froozen. You know I'll be darn if I can remember where we saw the recipe at, been making then for about 5 years now. There good to if you mix in some chopped up jalapeno, we call'em cherry bombs then.

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on November 19, 2009, 01:40:03 PMSeriously, it sounds like you're in the early stage of the Atkins diet or something similar.

I'm not on the diet (I'm older and smarter than that); the original question was from Tommy (TMB).

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on November 19, 2009, 01:15:39 PM
Rick, those look great.  :)
One question, why did you not wrap a couple of those bad boys with bacon?  ???

The bacon was still in the freezer  :D

nepas

hal4uk

So, maintaining all dietary boundaries (and keep in mind, Bubba don't count so good)...
Would it not be better to 1) wrap in bacon 2) smoke till crispy nice 3) beer batter 4) deep fry 5) serve with bacon butter...???
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Quote from: hal4uk on November 19, 2009, 06:27:22 PM
So, maintaining all dietary boundaries (and keep in mind, Bubba don't count so good)...
Would it not be better to 1) wrap in bacon 2) smoke till crispy nice 3) beer batter 4) deep fry 5) serve with bacon butter...???
Now your talking Hal
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

They do look great Nepas wrapped in bacon or not.

recipe added in my file and will try it. Thanks

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.