I'm taking my Butts to the Deer Camp

Started by classicrockgriller, November 12, 2009, 09:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

Looking good!
I didn't flip mine for two reasons. 1. I never did in my other pits, 2. I forgot. That is usually what happens when I cook a butt or brisket. I forget they are even on until the next time I pass by there and smell them cooking......... ::)
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

I'm the same way Ron I never flip my butts I just leave them fat cap up the whole time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Arnie, 11 hrs ....the last 3 are for the bark.

I like to flip especially when I "slather" as it helps keep the meat from
welding to the rack like it did to squirt.

Hell, I'd stand it on it's side if I thought it would taste better.

They are looking and smelling awesome.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 13, 2009, 05:54:18 PM
I like to flip especially when I "slather" as it helps keep the meat from
welding to the rack like it did to squirt.

I hear ya, bro...   Will try that next time.

Tenpoint5

Boy's Brian is having a free shipping sale at yard and pool!!! Get you some of them high temp screens then you don't have to worry about the welding to the screens. All that flipping takes away from the consumption of adult beverages.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 13, 2009, 06:03:53 PM
Boy's Brian is having a free shipping sale at yard and pool!!! Get you some of them high temp screens then you don't have to worry about the welding to the screens. All that flipping takes away from the consumption of adult beverages.

I just got some!  Right before the free shipping promotion...     Timing is everything.

classicrockgriller

Pic at 10 hours with IT of 144 Them Butts are looking righteous.

Tenpoint5

classicrockgriller

That Habanero Island has got some ZZZAPPP to it.

ingredients:Orange Juice,canola oil,cocnut milk,sweet rice wine,pineapple juice,honey,garlic,allspice, ginger,cilantro,habanero powder

KyNola

Man they look great.

CRG, your guys at deer camp are gonna love you bringing butts and peanuts PLUS you're bringing Gabi and all her talents.

NOW, get your butt(s) to deer camp. :D

KyNola

classicrockgriller

In the morning.

Pull pork for lunch.

10.5 ribs for supper with Jan's rub.

KyNola

CRG,
Do the guys just stand around and wait for you to show up and see what you brought for them to eat?  I hope you don't have to bring your own beer or whiskey 'cause I'm pretty sure those boys owe you a drink!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Just about everyone contributes. You always have some takers....we make them do dishes.

classicrockgriller

KyNola

CRG,
I'm telling you, you are just KILLING me with those pics. PUHLEAZE take your butt(s) to deer camp and leave me and everyone else alone.

Seriously those butts look awesome.

KyNola