Power Problem

Started by Wingman, November 15, 2009, 02:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingman

Hello Everyone I need some help. Smoking up some chicken this weekend and was about half way through when  I noticed that the red light was not on next to the temp slide lever. When I tapped on the bottom plate the light would come on and then go off. After a few times of doing this it finally stayed on. Could there be something loose inside and where would I begin to check. Don't want to leave something in the smoker and find out there was a power problem half way through smoking process . Thanks

Habanero Smoker

If it is coming on when you tap on the face plate, then probably one or more of the wires either to the light or to the rheostat is loose. If it a wire to the rheostat that will effect the heating capabilities of the smoker.

It is easy to remove the face place. There are 6 screws, make sure you don't over tighten them when reinstalling the plate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wingman

Thank You Hab will check it out .

tom_f

any ideas , this is my 2nd digital box,  today I get no power, checked the fuse and took the box apart l'm getting power inside but nothing to the panel

Habanero Smoker

Hi Tom;

Welcome to the forum.

You should start a new thread under the "Digital Smokers", there is a better chance more members will see it. Also if you can describe in better detail what you already have done to try to solve the problem, and answer how you know the generator is receiving power, if the panel does not light up.

The below link should get you started in trouble shooting the problem.
Bradley FAQ's

This link may specifically answer your question.
Digital Bradley Smoker won't turn on

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)