Honey Suckle White Turkey Breast Help

Started by Ninjak, November 16, 2009, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninjak

Hello fellow smokers :) Just got my new digtial smoker yesterday got it all ready to go and i am going to skoke a little honey suckle turkey breast I need some help on how long and what to do .. Hope this makes since

Thanks AL

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Ninjak!

I would put some Jan's rub on it - http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=718#post718

and smoke it @ 225F with your favorite smoke (I like Hickory on Turkey) for say 2 hours of smoke and continue to cook @225F until the Internal Temperature of the meat is 165F

Make sure when smoking poultry that you have the top vent fully OPEN.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ninjak

ok Thanks my very first smoker and smoke but i love turkey so I hope I can get it done right

AL

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ninjak

Ninjak

I went to the store and got all that stuff for the rub I hope it tastes good on turkey :)

AL

ArnieM

Quote from: Ninjak on November 16, 2009, 02:54:32 PM
I went to the store and got all that stuff for the rub I hope it tastes good on turkey :)

AL

Heck, it even tastes good on cardboard  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

No worries AL, I do a turkey roast like that twice a month (sometimes more) and they turn out great.   The skin won't be very good, but I usually just toss it anyway.

Here are a few threads on how I have done those small roasts - both from BBall and HoneySuckle White, as well as buttermilk brined Turkey legs:

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11708.0

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=12286.0

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11085.0

KyNola

AL,
Welcome aboard buddy.

I've used Jan's Rub on poultry before.  I like it.  The beauty of it is you can liberally apply it just before you put your turkey in the smoker.

Enjoy and have fun with us.

KyNola

Quarlow

Quote from: ArnieM on November 16, 2009, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: Ninjak on November 16, 2009, 02:54:32 PM

AL

Heck, it even tastes good on cardboard  ;D
Cousin Arnie Do you know what white cranberry juice feels like coming out your nose. I don't suggest trying it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on November 16, 2009, 09:12:20 PM
Cousin Arnie Do you know what white cranberry juice feels like coming out your nose. I don't suggest trying it.

I don't fully understand your reply cousin Q.  But, I'll heed your advice and take it off the Thanksgiving menu.  We only have red cranberries down here anyway.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Ninjak

a little funny for you guys I got home last night and got it all ready to do the burn in, and forgot the Bisquettes  ;D ;D ;D

p.s and nobody close to where i live have them  :-[ i thought walmart did but they do not

Al

squirtthecat

Quote from: Ninjak on November 17, 2009, 07:52:13 AM
a little funny for you guys I got home last night and got it all ready to do the burn in, and forgot the Bisquettes  ;D ;D ;D

p.s and nobody close to where i live have them  :-[ i thought walmart did but they do not

Al

We've all been in the same boat.  Got the Bradley shipped, but the Bisquettes were nowhere to be found..

I found a farm store about 50 miles away that had them.  I get them from Amazon.com now. (buy 3, get 4th free)

FLBentRider

I don't know where you live, but...

Gander Mtn, Cabelas, Outdoor World/Bass pro shops usually has them.

I get mine from yandandpool.com

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 17, 2009, 08:08:52 AM

I don't know where you live, but...

Gander Mtn, Cabelas, Outdoor World/Bass pro shops usually has them.

I get mine from yandandpool.com

That's interesting, I couldn't find them at yardandpool.com. I recently bought the maverick and was going to buy some more bisquettes to get the price up, but couldn't find them there. I ended up buying two mavericks.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG