Honey Suckle White Turkey Breast Help

Started by Ninjak, November 16, 2009, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ninjak

Guys am ordering from yardpool  hickory mesquite and apple should i get any more ?

AL

squirtthecat

I like Oak and Pecan myself.  And Apple.

Ninjak

ok added them too i have about 300.00 tied up in bisq 120 pack

what is some good rub i should get from yard and pool while i am there

AL

TMB

Has anyone tried the Jim Beam bisquettes yet?   ???  Looking for something different to try.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Ninjak

you guys are great helping me spend my money  ;D ;D

Hey i live in paola kansas does anybody want to fly down here and just cook my meat for me :)

AL

FLBentRider

Quote from: TMB on November 17, 2009, 09:33:37 AM
Has anyone tried the Jim Beam bisquettes yet?   ???  Looking for something different to try.

I have. Tastes like Oak, with a very subtle hint of Jim Beam.

And for whatever reason, they don't seem to burn as completely as other flavors.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ninjak

i am not sure if this is the place for this ? but here goes I orderd 2 of the pucks from yardandpool
can somebody tell me how to use them how to i know how many bisq to use for smoking ?

AL

KyNola

Ninjak,
Assuming you are talking about the "bubba" pucks used to kick your last smoking bisquette into the water, you can do the following.  Let's assume a one hour smoke time.  Place 3 wood pucks in the tube.  Now place your 2 bubba pucks on top of your 3 wood pucks in the tube.  Place one more wood puck on top of the bubba pucks in the tube.  Set your smoker timer for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  The extra 20 minutes is to make the smoker move that last smoking puck off the heat source and into the water pan.  The smoker will then shut itself off and your bubba pucks will be sitting on the heat source with that last wood puck behind them so you can retrieve that wood puck and use again next time.

KyNola

Ninjak

sounds great I am going to love this smoker

AL

KyNola

One other thing I failed to mention, if you set the pucks in there like I described earlier but want the puck burner to remain on as an additional heat source for the cooking period, just set the smoker timer to the same time as the oven timer.  It takes 3 pucks on the slider with a fourth coming down to push the puck off the burner.  With just three on the slide, it will never kick the first bubba puck off although it will continue to cycle every 20 minutes.  Make sense?

And yes, you are gonna love that smoker. ;)

KyNola

Ninjak

FLBentRider

At least 2 bubba pucks, you can get away with two if you follow one the last one with a bisquette.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!