Here we go again....

Started by Oldman, November 20, 2009, 12:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

These folks must think I fell off of the turnip truck when I was a child and now have a flat spot in the area of reasoning.

From: Customer Support [mailto:[email protected]]  However the return addy is: [email protected] -- which also looks like a spoof addy. In other words it looks like there are several hidden layers to this E-mail.

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: payment request from "Allergan"  (Do note that Allergan is a real company. Someone is spoofing their addy.)

We recorded a payment request from "Allergan" to enable the charge of $381.04 on your account.

The payment is pending for the moment.

If you made this transaction or if you just authorize this payment, please ignore or remove this email message. The transaction will be shown on your monthly statement as "Allergan".

If you didn't make this payment and would like to decline it, please download and install the transaction inspector module (attached to this letter).

And never ever reply even to be removed from a mailing list. Just because it says to be removed from our mailing list click on this does not mean that is what is going to happen. It could be an install!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Hopefull Romantic

Thans Olds for posting the warning.

I get similar emails all the time and I never ever open anything related to them. I feel sadfor all the naiive folks who fall for these spoofs and scams.

Hady
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.