1st Smoked Cheese

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, November 21, 2009, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Just opened my first package of smoked cheese. Pepper jack that was smoked for 1:40 with apple pucks. It rocks for sure, might go 2 hours next time but the taste is great. Smoked it on 10/16, vac sealed and tasted it on 11/21. Worth the wait.

Here's a link to my post when I smoked it.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=12029.msg135744#msg135744
HawkeyeSmokes

Hopefull Romantic

Hi HS

I smoked some cheese on 10 / 20 the night before I left on my business trip. It has been sitting in "MY" fridge since. That was with 2 hours of hickory and I cant wait to go back and try them.

As they say; " Great things come to those who wait". Well I am keeping faith.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

Right on HS, I hope my next try works better than my first.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

Glad it came out so well. I'm doing seven or eight kinds next weekend.

classicrockgriller

HES, I'm cutting the cheese tomorrow. Was smoked on the 4th. Hope mine is as good as yours.

HawkeyeSmokes

I'm sure it will be CRG. Only problem I see is now  I have to buy more cheese!  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

I just bought supermkt bulk cheese.....do you think a more expensive cheese is better or does the smoke make the cheese?

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 24, 2009, 08:46:22 PM
I just bought supermkt bulk cheese.....do you think a more expensive cheese is better or does the smoke make the cheese?

Well, For me it has to cheese from WISCONSIN. Not more expensive but oh so much better. Of course, I'm a bit biased on that!  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Well I guess I will know tomorrow....

Even did some cream cheese. ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 24, 2009, 08:59:10 PM

I'm sure it will be good CRG. Just a little kidding. But, I have a piece of 5 year old cheddar that I smoked and think that is going to be the money shot.  :o
HawkeyeSmokes

Slamdunk

Whats the old saying ?? "You can't make a silk purse out of pig's ear!!"

So, yes I think a better cheese will make a better smoked cheese!! The smoke is just giving the cheese
another flavour.

classicrockgriller

Thanks sd .... We shall see tomorrow.

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 24, 2009, 08:59:10 PM

CRG - how did the cream cheese hold up in the smoker?  I bet it would be good in a savory appetizer like cheesecake -  I"m thinking cream cheese, scallions, bacon, some other kind of cheese............ 

classicrockgriller

it held up better than some of the other cheese. I kept it on the top rack and had no drip or separation at all.

NePaSmoKer

I opened a pack of smoked swiss i have had in the fridge for 3 months........WOWSERS it sure was good.

Looks nice Hawkeye.

nepas