The New Marinator

Started by nsxbill, March 08, 2005, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotbbq

Olds,

Nice "smoker"  You could fill your house with meat and smoke the whole thing[^][^][^]

Rich

gotbbq

gotbbq

Bill

Whats the price on a hobart?  Cash or mortgage?  It looks really great-[^][^][^]

Rich

gotbbq

nsxbill

Nothing from Hobart is cheap.  I new one is over $4K, but only paid around a sixth of that used.  It is all stainless, built like a tank, and It works.  I have another $200 in parts coming to refurb it.  Darn seal alone for the tank cover was $87.  Doug offered up some other alternatives on a website when he was responding to Olds on vacuum sealers.  I like the Hobart stuff.  It is NSF approved, and small enough for table top use.  It is big enough for any big smokes I will do at home in my 2 Bradley's, or eventually on the road in the Caldera I want to pick up from BBQGuru.com.  

I have my little Marivac Reveo for use on a couple of steaks or tumbling meat for whatever at home.  If you want one of those, Let me tell you what I am going to do!  [:D][:D] I have four available from group buy for guys on the group I want to sell.  Good deal, but have to give you price privately.

Want something bigger:  Here you go:  http://www.dougcare.com/processingequipment/tumbler.htm.  Or you could just save some pennies and shop used on Ebay or other commercial sales outlet for used commercial equipment.  My Hobart is 6 years old, and minimal damage because they are again, built like a tank.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>http://www.dougcare.com/processingequipment/tumbler.htm
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

TheDude

WOW!

I've never felt like less of a man than I do right now. I use a tupperware marinator http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_number=P10035964000 and thought I was cock of the walk. Boy was I wrong.

The Dude

nsxbill

You know, I bet it just works great.  I do like my toys, and although I have retired twice, I still work to pay for them....much to the wife's dismay.

Plan on going a little bigger scale on this smoking thing.  It gets in your blood!  i have said it before, but want to hit the road in a big converted bus, and hit the BBQ events nationwide, and only return to California to work the Cold-Flu Queue at HMO I work for giving medical advice during the period of November - March.  

Will look for a little place with a big covered garage for a 40ft bus, and sell a little jerky while on the road, maybe some of the Reveo marinators I am dealer for,  Have to write-off the bus and fuel!

When you get a Bradley it is all you really need and some time to use it, as well as having to get used to  and time to get used to eating well!  

The rest of the stuff just makes things easier for me to pursue my hobby!  That big marinator allows me to vacuum marinate 25 lbs at a time!  Scary...I didn't think I would ever need something like that, but sure is handy!   And I can set it to be so gentle, I can tumble salmon and very fragile things as well as big pork butts and briskets.

Again, have 4 of the Marivac Reveos left if anyone interested. //freethemeat.org.  I am sure pleased with mine!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

ChefBill

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Ya Bill sure likes the toys but he cannot beat my smoker! I got the biggest, baddest, meanest, smokin'est smoker going...I posted about  this last year, but don't think some of you where members yet. I call it <b>Smokin' In'D Wild!</b>

*Bill looks around as he is just stunned that someone got one bigger than his*
EDIT: Opps I see a Chez comming... [:D]

Olds

http://rminor.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<b><font color="red">Looks like a backyard Mosquito fogger in Florida to me.[:D]</font id="red"></b>

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it