My Review----SINBO VS-280 vacuum packer

Started by Oldman, March 10, 2005, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your advice!  BTW, what's keeping you from doing some smokin'?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

Doug,
Thanks for the useful information.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigSmoker

Thanks Doug.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Springville Pop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thanks for your advice! BTW, what's keeping you from doing some smokin'?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Time! One of these days maybe time will slow down a bit.

Doug

www.dougcare.com/

JJC

Hi Doug,

Even Einstein would have to admit that time will only slow down when you are moving so fast that it doesn't really matter what the time is . . .

Seriously, if time is the issue, the BS makes things really easy.  There are so many things that will smoke overnight that are easy to prepare.  And though I don't own one, others on this forum can attest to the ability of the Guru/Raptor addition to the BS to free you from time contraints completely, since it can be pre-programmed to heat the BS to a pre-determined temp and cook the meat to a pre-determined internal temp and then shut down automatically.

Hope you give the BS some serious thought!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

liquid25

I wanted to chime in and say that I've been using this Sinbo unit for 2 months and it's a great sealer - no problems. I can also say that Doug has been pleasant to deel with and I have recommended his services to others.

rs

ChefBill

I cheated on the vacuum tumbler a little bit. I found that "FoodSaver" has a 6 qt. vacuum canister (#02005301) for their machine. It's about 11-1/2" high by 8-1/2" in diameter. Now a good boneless Boston Butt will fit in it ok. I just coat it with rub <i>or</i> marinade and suck it down. Roll it around a little bit and stick it in the fridge for about 30 min. Take it out roll or tumble it and release the vacuum. Do this twice and it ready to go to the BS. Works great.
6 qt. container is a little hard to find. I had to surf the net to find it and price will range from $30 to $50 + shipping. "So shop around"

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it