Smoked chicken breasts

Started by seemore, November 21, 2009, 07:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Following Hot Smokin' Gals' recipe - from the Tried & True Recipes website - for smoked pork chops, we used the same recipe on a bag of chicken breasts.
The recipe is for 5 pounds of pork chops;  the bag of chicken breasts was six pounds.  We heaped the measurements.

We smoked them for two hours at 225 degrees with hickory.

You can use the smoked chicken breasts in a variety of recipes, or just slice one and enjoy it on a sandwich.
seemore

Tenpoint5

I was gonna ask what the TWO of you was gonna do with 10 chicky breasts. Look good for yardbird.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Those look great!  We like that pork chop recipe, I have never thought to do with chicken   Thanks Seemores!

seemore

Deb, we have a wonderful recipe that we got from an issue of Food & Wine magazine that calls for an artichoke cream sauce and smoked chicken.  I put it on here on this Forum once.  I will try to find the link to it and send it to you.

deb415611

Quote from: seemore on November 22, 2009, 08:43:39 AM
Deb, we have a wonderful recipe that we got from an issue of Food & Wine magazine that calls for an artichoke cream sauce and smoked chicken.  I put it on here on this Forum once.  I will try to find the link to it and send it to you.

I think I remember that, I meant to try it and it got lost in my to try pile which if I actually printed out would fill up a room.  Thanks!

ronbeaux

Looks good. I bet those would go great on a salad too.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

Looks great seemores. Smoked chicken is good on anything.

outdoorsfellar

seemore

The wife and I were really tired at the end of the day yesterday, and did not get the chicken breasts sliced up until today.

We made several bags and sealed them and put them in the freezer.
Chicken sandwiches through the winter months!
seemore

HawkeyeSmokes

After seeing what you smoked this weekend, I can see why you both are tired. It all looks great and you sure have some good eats. Thanks for the great posts!
HawkeyeSmokes

seemore

Ooooh, Ronbeaux, a salad!  I did not even think of that - oh brother!
I think I know what I'm having for lunch today, with blue cheese dressing, croutons, cherry tomatoes and celery!

ArnieM

Quote from: seemore on November 22, 2009, 06:28:08 PM
The wife and I were really tired at the end of the day yesterday, and did not get the chicken breasts sliced up until today.

We made several bags and sealed them and put them in the freezer.
Chicken sandwiches through the winter months!
seemore

That really looks nice seemores.  Looks like it's tender and moist.  Nice job on the slicing too.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.