Turkey legs

Started by westexasmoker, November 23, 2009, 01:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

2 hours of mesquite, 3 hours total in the smoker @ 220

Then into TBE to finish

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

ArnieM

They look mighty good WTS.  Why did you go the extra hour in the smoker instead of just going into TBE?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

westexasmoker

Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 01:11:09 PM
They look mighty good WTS.  Why did you go the extra hour in the smoker instead of just going into TBE?

I could'nt get TBE to fire up, lesson learned don't let it sit for a year not being used.  The fix was wacking the regulator with a hammer, I guess the valve had stuck!

C

Tenpoint5

LOL, When all else fails get a bigger Hammer!!!!

Good looking turkey legs WTS.

It was you that said to put butter on your birds while smoking to get that deep red coloring wasn't it?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Quote from: westexasmoker on November 23, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 01:11:09 PM

I could'nt get TBE to fire up, lesson learned don't let it sit for a year not being used.  The fix was wacking the regulator with a hammer, I guess the valve had stuck!

C

Funny  ;D  My wife hates computers.  She worked as an administrative assistant where I worked several years ago.  Occasionally her computer would get 'stuck'.  The VP of sales suggested "Turn it off.  Wait one minute.  Kick it.  Turn it back on."  Worked every time.
-- Arnie

westexasmoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 23, 2009, 01:33:39 PM
LOL, When all else fails get a bigger Hammer!!!!

Good looking turkey legs WTS.

It was you that said to put butter on your birds while smoking to get that deep red coloring wasn't it?

Yep, these were basted right before going into TBE!

C

classicrockgriller

WTS great looking Turkey Legs. Don't think my family would let me rest TBE for a year, they love the chickens done in that thing.

squirtthecat

WTS, I had that happen (a lot) to my old CB grill.  Finally had to replace the regulator.

Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 03:51:49 PM
Funny  ;D  My wife hates computers.  She worked as an administrative assistant where I worked several years ago.  Occasionally her computer would get 'stuck'.  The VP of sales suggested "Turn it off.  Wait one minute.  Kick it.  Turn it back on."  Worked every time.

That worked for CRG the other night!  (remotely debugging why his built-in card reader failed - so he turned it off and beat the p*ss out of it - problem solved.)

ArnieM

WTS - How did you put the legs into the BE?  Standing up, laying down, in a pan?
-- Arnie

westexasmoker

Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 04:39:11 PM
WTS - How did you put the legs into the BE?  Standing up, laying down, in a pan?

I got some roasting racks from the local cooking store and had to modify them a bit to fit.  Mainly for buffalo wings, but they work great with about anything!

C

ArnieM

Quote from: westexasmoker on November 23, 2009, 04:51:01 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 04:39:11 PM

I got some roasting racks from the local cooking store and had to modify them a bit to fit.  Mainly for buffalo wings, but they work great with about anything!

C

Can you post a pic?
-- Arnie

seemore

WTS good looking legs
seemore

westexasmoker

Quote from: ArnieM on November 23, 2009, 04:57:03 PM
Quote from: westexasmoker on November 23, 2009, 04:51:01 PM

Can you post a pic?

I know some of the other members had found a round steaming rack at an asian market store that works much better.....but this was all I could find.  Like I said they work, but a little tricky getting them into the cooking chamber!

C