Generator staying powered on.

Started by JohnB, November 26, 2009, 06:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I was given my 4rack DBS for a Father's day present this year. It's been a great gift for the entire family. We smoke whatever we have a few weekends out of the month. My DBS has been working great and the food taste great too. But I have been having an issue with the electricity on the generator. Lately when I have tried to get the DBS up to temp the power will go out on the generator. At first I thought it was the electricity at the house. I checked my fuse in my breaker box and it was working fine. I then checked to make sure I had a good connection with the electricity cables and everything was fine there. I also checked the cables behind the DBS for proper connection and in the proper order. Everything was fine there too. I then pulled the fuse out of the generator and it was in great condition. I have been having to just "keep an eye" on the electricity just to make sure if it does go out then I have to "slap" it to get the power back. Can anyone give me any other suggestions on what I need to do to keep constant electricity to the DBS?

Thanks!

John B

KyNola

JohnB,
Sounds like you have a loose connection inside the generator.  If you haven't already done so, open the generator and check all of the connections.  It's easy to open the generator and won't void your warranty.  Turn the generator upside down and remove the screws around the perimeter of the bottom.  Don't remove the screws inside the perimeter.  The generator opens "clamshell" style.  Check all of the connections.  While you've got it open, blow out all of the puck crumbs too!

Good luck!
KyNola

pensrock

I agree if 'slapping it' helps that sure sounds like a loose connection.

Mr Walleye

Yup... KyNola has you pointed in the right direction.

Certainly sounds like a loose connection to me too.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gamefish

JohnB, it can also be a broken wire in the power cable, try taking the cable from your computer as they are the same connection and see if it works, if power still goes out ring brian at bradley ;)