My Gobblers Got ........ Brined/Bradley Smoked/ Big Easy Finished

Started by classicrockgriller, November 25, 2009, 11:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Got two Turkeys on the smallest size so I could fit into the BE
Butterball al naturals

Pair them with these.

The leftover brine (I did replace 2 quarts of water in the brine with applejuice)

All dressed up and ready for the dance

Set Bradley at 200 with 2 to 1 Apple to Cherry for three hours

Turkey #1 out of smoker and on it's perch ready for BE

(Look at another new rack for chickens and small turkeys. I inverted a beer can rack and let the Turkey
rest on what was the botton of the rack)

Down in the BE

#1 Finished .... I ran my IT to 172

Turkey #2 out of Bradley and Ready for BE

Bird #2 Finished

classicrockgriller

Am doing another in the Traeger and tomorrow (today) we will all take a car ride.

squirtthecat

Looks great, CRG!

You'll have an awesome smelling car in the morning...

KyNola

Great looking birds CRG.  Have two turkey breasts in the Traeger smoking away.  Brined them with a typical salt/sugar brine with a half cup of Jan's Rub thrown in for good measure.  Breasts are liberally rubbed with Jan's Rub too!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

canadiansmoker

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

The Turkeys were a big hit! The Italian seasoning with rosemary seemed to be everyone favorite (none left)

The other bird was almost all gone.

The 3rd bird I did in the Traeger (15 lb'er) cajun injected and cajun rubbed was about 3/4 gone.

Felt sorry for SIS, she broght a ham and 3 pieces were eaten.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Q, You leave no room for margin of error (drink in one hand, typing with other, one eye closed)

It should have read SIL. Is there a good kind of SIL, well we won't get into that. ;D

Quarlow

Yeah there is...........one that is silent, you know. " Yes you can come for dinner as long as you wear the muzzle and keep that pitbull you call a boyfriend on a leash".LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

jaredpost