Reveille, 06:50!

Started by squirtthecat, November 26, 2009, 05:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Forgot to set the temp alarm on the Maverick before I went to bed after Midnight...

2AM, STC wakes me up to go outside.

6:50AM, he is howling outside at our bedroom window...   I stumble past the Maverick on the way to open the back door - 155*.

(maybe he smelled it was almost ready)

Ok, I'M UP!   Coffee brewing, foil out, gotta get a cooler down from the attic..

Good boy, Squirt!

squirtthecat

161*, time to come out.

Time for some early morning poultry p*rn..

The CT gives it that nice color.   Love that stuff!

Triple wrapped in foil, and buried in a cooler with 4 or 5 hand towels.

The natives are restless...   I might need to replace that can with a cinder block.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

STC,
How do you like those high temp screens?  Are they the cat's meow or what?(Sorry squirt the cat).

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on November 26, 2009, 07:16:39 AM
STC,
How do you like those high temp screens?  Are they the cat's meow or what?(Sorry squirt the cat).

KyNola

So far, so good!  Nothing sticks to them, that's for sure.   I just chucked it all in the dishwasher for now. 

I'm making some spinach stuffed mushrooms in the oven later, I might put them on one of those screens as well..

squirtthecat

When did they upgrade the forum with Smell-O-Vision??

Quarlow

Are you going to throw some smoke at those mushrooms first?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Quarlow on November 26, 2009, 03:09:33 PM
Are you going to throw some smoke at those mushrooms first?

No, the weather turned to sh*t earlier (35* and rain/wind), so I just did them in the oven.

They were Ok.  Nothing special..    Smoked would have been much better, or even some time on the gasser.